Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Introducing Meat Rss

I have 10 month old twins who generally love their food. I try and offer them a variety but at the moment it is only commercial food. I am keeping Heinz in business!!! I want to introduce meat but not sure how or how much. Any help greatly appreciated.

Victoria ~ 3yr old beautiful twin boys

Have you tried sliced meats from the deli like ham or chicken? My daughter loves these. I've also found beef mince to be easy to eat and tuna and sausages too, chicken was a bit chewy, though my daughter eats it now (13months) but I've never given any other red meat...only because I don't think she could chew it properly yet. You could always try just offering meat as a finger food. My daughter generally eats her meat all mixed in with her veges and potato or pasta or rice.
Hope this helps somewhat.
Georgina
i gave my daughter her 1st taste of meat tonight and i just cut off a chunk from the meat i ate for dinner(same lenght as my pinky finger) and she just sucked on it for ages. the dog got the leftovers smile
2moro i might cook up some mince, and just puree it a bit to get it a bit smoother so it easier for her to eat.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Thank you ladies for your replies - my apologies for not thanking you sooner. They are really good ideas - especially the sliced meat suggeston. Not that any part of motherhood is easy - but I am really struggling with the food thing. Maybe it will get easier as they get older. Thanks again.

Victoria ~ 3yr old beautiful twin boys

Sign in to follow this topic