Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

is this okay? Rss

Hi all i was just wondering at what age can i use dairy products?. i know to hold off of cows milk until 12 months of age but what about say riccota cheese, mixed in with stewed fruit or something like that.
thank you in advance

Aleks, SA, 5yr old girl, 9yr old boy&bubs 10.4.04

Hiya,

Ricotta is one of the recommed first foods in my baby food book. It is a Robin Barker one, so good advice. Milk you can start adding to their cereal from about 9 months, but not in their bottles till 1 yo, as you said. Normal tasty cheese is featured in several recipes from 6 months, and you can give them yoghurt from 6 months too!

Goodluck and have fun!!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Tepe

what is the name of taht book

sounds perfect for me

STeph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Hi Steph,

It is "Baby & Toddler meals". It is great with lots or info and ideas! I keep picking it up even 3 years later!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Stephanie

I think the book that Tepe is referring to is called "Australian Baby and Toddler Meals" by Robin Barker (author of Baby Love). It currently retails for about $30.00.

I have recently purchased another book on ebay (only cost $5.00 and retails for $22.95) which I have found invaluable. It is called Breast Bottle Bowl by Hillis and Stone and offers advice in an easy-to-follow form. It includes information on: successful breast-feeding; weaning and bottle-feeding; introducing solids; hygiene in food preparation; reasonable expectations about quantities; coping with fussy eaters and food refusal.

It is in a really easy to follow format and clearly states what foods to eat when.

Personally, I started introducing my baby to dairy at about 7 months. I started with the baby Petit Miam yoghurts which she loved but were quite expensive. I was advised to give her full fat plain yoghurt which I did and now she has that instead. She also has ricotta (on it's own and mixed with vegetables), cottage cheese and grated cheese.

I guess you just follow your baby's lead - and be mindful of any allergic reactions.

Good luck!

M2G

Gabriella, Chiara & angel called home

Hi Lili (and tepe too)

i have now put 2 copies of that book on watch on ebay so hopefully i get one and will keep looking for the one tepe suggested too.

I'll keep you all posted on when we do start...

Lots of Love

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Hi Steph

A word of advice - make sure you get the latest edition available (the one with the baby picture on the front!). And check the postage as some sellers charge a considerable amount more than others so your total spend is higher.

Cheers
M2G

Gabriella, Chiara & angel called home

Hi All,

Thank you for your replys, it was a great help and i will also be looking for those books.
cheers

Aleks, SA, 5yr old girl, 9yr old boy&bubs 10.4.04

Sign in to follow this topic