Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

sultanas Lock Rss

has anyone given bubby sultanas?if so wot age is it ok to give sultanas to them.jackson is 10 and a half mths i just wanted to give him something different.
Hi There. My little man just turned 9 months and ive given him sultanas and he loves them ! i put them on his highchair tray keeps him entertained for a while.
just keep an eye on him to avoid choking.
Hope he likes them.

Roxana,Nsw,Mum of 4 boys

Gosh, I think DD was around the same age - 9 months. They are a great finger food, teaches them lots of coordination skills too (fine motor movement). Raisins are yummy too, although, usually a bit bigger and stickier.

Now I get those little packs of saltanas and pineapple or saltanas and apricot. I put them in the bowl of DD's learning table so she can go and pick at them when she feels like it.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hey there,

I too gave my eldest one sultanas thinking it was a healthy choice and she loved them. Then I mentioned it to one of the dentists I work with and she went off... Because they are so sticky, they stick in the little ones teeth during the day and therefore are a higher risk to tooth decay. This would be for children that have started getting their back teeth. Apparantly same goes for fruit sticks (which she also loved) You think you are giving them a healthy option, but apparantly not!!!!!!
Hope this helps.....

Kezz x

Kezz, Qld,Maddy 11, Jai 3 & Mia 7 weeks

Sign in to follow this topic