Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

My 7 month old is off her food Rss

Please help!!!!! My 7 month old has no interest in eating her solids and just craves the bottle. She started solids at 4 months and went like a train, eating everything in sight. I started on the baby food tins and that went well. Now she is 7 months old and is not interested at all. I offer the spoon of food to her mouth and she either cries, puts her chin to her chest so I can't get to her mouth or locks her jaw shut tight. I'm at my wits end with what to do, I feel I have tried everything from the tins to yoghurt, to fruit and nothing appears to be working. This has been going on for about 6 weeks now and I'm starting to get really frustrated. Has anyone experienced the same problem or has anyone got a magic solution that will set us back on the right track?

Marni, QLD

Hi Marni,
I have found that my son and all of my friends kids have been through the same thing. Everyone has said the same thing, They eat when they need to. My son tends to stop eating and then has a growth spurt, he tends to eat heaps just before the growth spurt! I hope that your daughter starts eating more soon.

Cristie, SA, boy 18/04/01, girl 22/05/03

I have heard that bubs can go off their food if they are teething - although 6 weeks is a long time. I know its really hard when they won't eat but seriously, they do eat when they are hungry and she will eventually eat again. The only thing you can probably do is be patient. Is she still putting on weight etc. You might want to weigh her or get her checked out by the health clinic. good luck!

Rachel, 20mth girl + 1 on the way

Hi Marnie,
I have a 7.5 month old son, and he went off his food for about 2 weeks before his 1st tooth came through the skin. Maybe your daughter's tooth is a little slow coming through, but giving her problems. I gave my son finger foods, like vegemite on toast. This was rough on his gums and helped his tooth come through. Milk arrowroot biscuits are another good one, as they go soggy quickly and won't get stuck in their throat. Good luck. She will eat when she is hungry, but in the meantime, just keep up with her bottle, and keep a check on her weight.

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi,

My son is 8 1/2months old now, but about a month ago he went thru the same thing but it only lasted about 2 weeks as we have now found out he was teething.
I would suggest taking her to the doctor to see if maybe she has a tummy bug or something.

Good luck.

Michelle, mum to Corey 14/3/03 - Bankstown

Thank you ladies for your replies. It is comforting to know that I'm not the only one who is going thru this phase...lets hope it is just that. We go the clinic once every month and each time she gets a glowing report of good health. She is putting on weight in all the right places and is a generally happy bub. I guess I will just have to be patient and ride this latest curve ball out. Don't we all have little angels?????????????

Marni, QLD

Sign in to follow this topic