Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

whats for breakfast? Rss

hi I was wondering what you give your 1 year olds for breakfast??

My daughter will be 1 in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if I should still be giving her the iron fortified baby muslie for 9mths plus or if she can eat other breakfasts like porriage or weet bix as I've heard that these are to high in fibre.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Hi there,

I started giving DS1 weet-bix when he was about 11 months old (mixed with boiled milk). I think that it is fine at that age to give them that. I also mixed with the weet-bix some pureed apple or pear, just to vary it a little.

Melanie, Qld, Joshua J 18.04.02 & Jacob M 04.10.03

Hi, we were talking 6 months food at the clinic the other day and the nurse said it's fine to have weetbix and porridge from then, although it's a good idea with weetbix to crumble it and mix with normal cereal first to help with digestion. Like always all you can do is introduce it slowly and see how your daughter goes. Good luck, we've only had 2 days of rice cereal here!

Karen

Karen, mum to Gabrielle 1/9/03, #2 edd 24/8/05

hiya, i started my bub at 8mths on vitabrits as there is no added sugar. He is 10mths now and loves them.

mum of 1

Hi,
My son is also 1 in a couple of weeks. Ive been giving him weetbix since he was 8 months. Lately I have given him ricebubbles, weetbix, farax apricot porridge, toast, crumpets.
Porridge is also fine from 8 months but my son has never liked it.

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Hi mummyto1,
At one year of age, you can give her normal breakfast cereals, but try to avoid the sugary ones (like coco pops, fruit loops etc). Try crushed up corn flakes, rice bubbles, weet bix, vita brits, special K, and toast and vegemite is a favourite too. Just be careful not to get any that have nuts, or sultana's until she is able to chew them proberly without choking. Happy eating,
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hello Everyone!! Just a quick message regarding the porridge. I too gave it to my son around 9mths until I noticed on the Uncle Tobys packet of Quick Oats a warning saying it may contain traces of peanuts and other nuts. That turned me off the porridge until he was 12 months of age. I am just stating this for your own information for you all to do with it what you will. I am not saying what you should or shouldnt do.
Hi,
My youngest is just gone 10 months and I have been giving him 1 Weetbix for breakfast, I just mix it with Formula milk and some fruit for flavour. I spoke to my Plunket Nurse and she told me it was fine. He loves it!!!!!!!
PS Great to see so many KIWI's here. I am in Queenstown, where are you??????????????

Karan, Queenstown, NZ, 2 Boys

Hi, I think porridge is fantastic - the coles organic brand is great or just straight oats from the health food shop as Uncle Toby's is not GE free. I give my son oats, pureed with some fruit too. I also find he loves yoghurt and fruit. I give him the Jalna plain yogurt and mix in my own fruit and oats.
My daughter is 1 and she has a variety of foods for breakfast - weetbix, baked beans, toast, omelette, boiled egg, homemade banana pancakes, yoghurt, fruit, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms
Sign in to follow this topic