Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Positive Dads Lock Rss

This is our first, when i told him i was going to breast feed he got upset and said he wanted to feed the baby too, so we organized a breast pumps and bottles and he is all excited, he painted the nursery, and is putting everything together, he always rubs my back when im on the lounge and pulls me to help me get up lol, and he makes loud noises, blows raspberry's,rubs, tickles, taps on my belly and will lye there and have a full on chat with the baby, the baby kicks his face in response.. i love how excited and happy he is, and all the effort he goes to each day no matter how tired he is.. i love how he says goodnight and kisses me then he does it to my belly... and when i walk out of the room says goodnight to the both of us...and when he leaves in the morning for work says goodbye and gives me a kiss then pulls back the covers and taps my belly and says bye..(waking him up for playtime for an hour) hes going to be a wonderful Daddy!!!

Mine was the same with my belly! It was so beautiful, it confirmed how much he was invested in the pregnancy with me and our future together. Our son was only born 3 weeks ago and he has been awesome through everything. Sure we have had some heated discussions when fatigue has gotten the better of us, but when i see him with our boy all is forgotten. He is so thoughtful, generous, caring and loving that i'm hoping at our 2 year anniversary in 7 months that maybe we might start actually move foward with our talks of marriage smile ( i mean we already call each other husband and wife ;P)

We met when I was only 16 and have been married 17 years, together for a few years longer than that. I am very blessed smile

this makes me so excited as ii think i have found my life partner in my boyfriend of only 2 years and we are 17 with our 3 week old son. We have a whole lot of road and challenges ahead of us but we have already faced so many and come iut stornger - it goes to show you're never too young (or old) to find love smile
Just want to say how fantastic my DP has been through our pregnancy - I get daily foot rubs now (31 weeks) after a long day at the office, but he's the one working 14 hour days.

Not to mention he's determined to pick up our layby right now and get the car seat and everything fitted, even though I've told him it can wait a couple of weeks still.

I feel blessed to have such support!
My DP is so great before DD was born he painted the nursey and setup all the furnitture he even made her a toy box with her name on it since she was born he takes her for an hour every day so i can have some me time and every 2nd saturday he takes her to cricket with him so i can have some time to catch up with my gf's. He is very helpful around the house after he puts DD to bed will help me tidy the house even though he works 7 2 5 5 days a week he still pulls his weight around the house and DD just adores him he is so great with her grin
I was just reading the "DH is pissin me off" and thought wow some people are having a hard time and then I saw this one. Beautiful!

My DH is far from perfect and yes on bad days I wish he would do more or not do this and thatm, but everyday when he gets home from work my little man runs to the door screaming in excitment and hubby comes in with kisses and hugs for everyone. We always have a long embrace and a kiss and suprisingly everything thats happened throughout the day is good again.

To anyone whos having a bad day, just remember what it is that you love about your partner, its so easy to focus on the negative when your tired and feeling down so try not to. Being a mum is hard work and so are relationships. I have no doubt that every mum tries her best to be the perfect mum so why is it different to try your best for the other people you love. Me and hubby are a team and yes I do most of the 'work' at home but without his support and love where would I be???? Plus nothing warms my heart than seeing my little babies cuddle daddy.

If you stop trying (either of you) thats when problems start.

Thanks ladies for a chance to be postive...back to cleaning ;P

I was just reading the "DH is pissin me off" and thought wow some people are having a hard time and then I saw this one. Beautiful!

My DH is far from perfect and yes on bad days I wish he would do more or not do this and thatm, but everyday when he gets home from work my little man runs to the door screaming in excitment and hubby comes in with kisses and hugs for everyone. We always have a long embrace and a kiss and suprisingly everything thats happened throughout the day is good again.

To anyone whos having a bad day, just remember what it is that you love about your partner, its so easy to focus on the negative when your tired and feeling down so try not to. Being a mum is hard work and so are relationships. I have no doubt that every mum tries her best to be the perfect mum so why is it different to try your best for the other people you love. Me and hubby are a team and yes I do most of the 'work' at home but without his support and love where would I be???? Plus nothing warms my heart than seeing my little babies cuddle daddy.

If you stop trying (either of you) thats when problems start.

Thanks ladies for a chance to be postive...back to cleaning ;P

I agree

Also to add I grew up in house full of males 5 brothers and a father
And they all did nothing and still to this day all do nothing around the home

I think men have enough to do pay the mortgage finance on the car insurance water gas electricity bills
They have to be the main bread winner and provide help you raise the kids If they lose their job slowly everything starts to crumble

So when they help you around the house it's a added bonus

I know nowadays done women are breadwinners also

I agree

Also to add I grew up in house full of males 5 brothers and a father
And they all did nothing and still to this day all do nothing around the home

I think men have enough to do pay the mortgage finance on the car insurance water gas electricity bills
They have to be the main bread winner and provide help you raise the kids If they lose their job slowly everything starts to crumble

So when they help you around the house it's a added bonus

I know nowadays done women are breadwinners also

I'm a big one for cleaning up your own mess- I think they need to help out around the house.

DP is a stay at home dad, he loves it, with me working full time it doesn't stop me from cleaning at home and doing the monotonous things that need to be done. I don't think there is any excuse or justification for them not to help. Just putting that out there..

I'm a big one for cleaning up your own mess- I think they need to help out around the house.

DP is a stay at home dad, he loves it, with me working full time it doesn't stop me from cleaning at home and doing the monotonous things that need to be done. I don't think there is any excuse or justification for them not to help. Just putting that out there..

See for me it doesn't bother me Wether he helps or not
I get to go out with friends I get time out for me to do my hair and any other thing I need or want to do or just time away from the kids

I get given flowers gifts and over all he treats me good

So for me if he does anything around the house is a given bonus
And iv never ever asked him

I think cos I grew up with a lot of males and seen my mum always on them
To clean and help and it never got threw that I'm more so see things differently

See for me it doesn't bother me Wether he helps or not
I get to go out with friends I get time out for me to do my hair and any other thing I need or want to do or just time away from the kids

I get given flowers gifts and over all he treats me good

So for me if he does anything around the house is a given bonus
And iv never ever asked him

I think cos I grew up with a lot of males and seen my mum always on them
To clean and help and it never got threw that I'm more so see things differently

Yeah.. I guess that would have an impact, considering I grew up with my dad and he always insisted on all of us chipping in and getting all of the housework done before anything else. He called it 'team work'.
That's why it's frustrating for me, I think that if you're both making the mess, both contributing, a positive attitude to help out goes such a long way.

I think that if I can work full time and help out around the house, so can the men who are bread-winners. After the chores are done it's easier to relax and do the things we enjoy doing..

True true if both are working and contributing to the house hold I agree house chores should be divided
Even before we had kids who ever got home first cooked dinner and the other cleaned up

Given when I return to work ill always be home after dh he will have to cook eheheheh

And all I have to do is load and unload the dishwasher ahahahahahah

It was funny growing up cos when ever mum and dad had a fight and went on for a few days then dad did every thing for himself cleaned cooked washing
But with age he has changed he does a lot more know Interesting I guess it's true with age comes some common sense and wisdom

But bloody hell it takes some men a long time ( excuse the language )
Steph, that is seriously the cutest baby photo, love the look on her face!

Love this thread, so nice to read about lovely men lookng after their ladies.

My husband is wonderful, such a pleasure to be around, makes a huge effort to give me breaks and buys chocolate every time he goes out (doesn't help the post pregnancy diet, but what can you do). I was reading some of the other topics and feel really lucky to have a supportive, fun partner. I found motherhood really tough in the first few weeks - hormones, advice from every Tom, Dick and Harry, no sleep etc. So lucky to have an understanding, patient guy who's got my back. Champion!
Sign in to follow this topic