Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby & Dad
  5. does your 5 yr old have a boyfriend/girlfriend ??

does your 5 yr old have a boyfriend/girlfriend ?? Rss

To me this is really strange but there has been a lot of talk about it with the kids in DS's class. They are only 4/5 i mean i didnt even know what having a boyfriend was at that age and my son is the same. He is totally unaware and is more interested in playing with his mates.
Well the other day a few mums at school told me that some of the girls in DS's class like him, which i had an incling as they follow him around etc. He is totally oblivious to the situation.
He is still a little boy. The other kids are talking about kissing and holding hands WTF my little man and his mates would rather play ninja turtles lol.

Does your 5 yr old talk about boyfriends and girlfriends??

DD1 has had the same boyfriend for going on 3 years and she is in year 2.. They have broken up on the odd occasion wink They don't hold hands or anything although she told me once he kissed her on the head but nothing else... I find it rather cute.. Am sure i won't be saying that once my girls are older!

When my son was little they often played 'mums and dads' at childcare. Not sure if that is similar?! It was funny actually because their idea of mums and dads was to leave their kids with the carer and go to work grin they liked playing 'work' too.

At about age 5 a girl at his school said she was going to marry Jackson when she was older.
He said, "nah"
She said, "why not?"
He said, "I don't wanna"

Oh if only love were so uncomplicated!

Jackson recently asked if I had had a boyfriend in year 6. When I said no he replied "oh good, I don't have to have a girlfriend then!" the relief on his face was palpable smile

Sorry I am rambling probably completely off topic
The Quirky T wrote:
Slacktarts - lol

I don't have a school kid but I remember when my sister was in kinder 4/5 she had a boyfriend and he kissed her
We moved not long after so no idea what would have happened

Ah C'est la vie... Your sis has a long lost kinder boyfriend out there somewhere...
That all sounds very innocent compared to the girls in DS's class. They seem to take it serious and are quite teenage like in the way they act towards others. Really B*tchy (for lack of a better word) and now they have their sights on my lil man.

My next door neighbour's boy is five and one day told his mum that he has a girlfriend at school. My neighbor thought it was weird because she's never really talked to him about those sorts of things (her and his dad have split) but now she talks to him about it and tells him things like he has to be nice. He can't hug her if she doesn't want to be hugged etc. On valentines day he told his mum that he wanted to get his girlfriend a gift. So my neighbour went and asked the girls parents if it was OK. Not so her parents would get her son something but just in case they didn't like the idea.

DD has a little friend at playgroup that he says he is going to marry. But I don't think he actually knows what marry means. And his friend calls him her boyfriend.

wigglebrain wrote:
My next door neighbour's boy is five and one day told his mum that he has a girlfriend at school. My neighbor thought it was weird because she's never really talked to him about those sorts of things (her and his dad have split) but now she talks to him about it and tells him things like he has to be nice. He can't hug her if she doesn't want to be hugged etc. On valentines day he told his mum that he wanted to get his girlfriend a gift. So my neighbour went and asked the girls parents if it was OK. Not so her parents would get her son something but just in case they didn't like the idea.

DD has a little friend at playgroup that he says he is going to marry. But I don't think he actually knows what marry means. And his friend calls him her boyfriend.

That's pretty cute!

When I was in kindy, a friend and I thought one of the boys in our class was cute. One day we both ran up to him and I kissed him on one cheek and she on the other! I don't think that would go down too well these days lol
Whatever happened to boys having cooties?! Lol.

DD doesnt have a boyfriend and never has (shes 9). She is still pretty innocent in that way I think and hasnt even really talked about boyfriends or boys etc. But a friend of hers came to her birthday a few years ago, would have been about 6? (I dont like this friend for a number of reasons but anyway), she bought a one direction magazine with her and was asking everyone who they thought was cutest etc. But other than that dd hasnt had much exposure to that talk...
Sign in to follow this topic