Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby & Dad
  5. Pregnant in a caravan travelling australia...

Pregnant in a caravan travelling australia... Rss

Myself and the hubby have been travelling australia for a year and a half in our caravan. Going from town to town following the work. we came home while the wet season was on in darwin but was planning to head back up and continue our trip heading over to the east coast. But I've recently discovered I'm pregnant (very happy) and now our plans are up in the air. we want to travel while I'm pregnant and then come back home just before bub is due and then take off again 3-6months after bub is born. Is this possible as people have said you need to see your doctor regularly. We are both gypsies by heart and love being on the road but having that instability I'm not so sure. whether to stay home which means hubby will have to work away and not be apart of the pregnancy which is very important for us as he was robbed of that from his first child or hit the road, travel and find good work were he can come home every night and we can continue to see this beautiful land of ours.
You can look up the recommended schedule of appointments but it roughly one in the first trimester with your GP then one with a midwife/obstetrician around 14-16 weeks then monthly appointments from 20-32ish weeks, then fortnightly appointments til 40 weeks, then weekly if your still pregnant.

Personally I think it's important to go to these appointments as some pregnancy complications can't be felt by the mother and you need a doctor to be checking for them.

A lot of people can have a shared care arrangement where only half the appointments are with the midwives/obstetrician and the rest are with GPs so that might give you some more flexibility with travelling too.

I'd recommend booking to see a GP as you should see one anyway. Have a chat with them about how your pregnancy care could work with your lifestyle as they can probably be more helpful with information than anyone here could be.

Hope that helps

Addit: I would also recommend not being anywhere too remote if you can avoid it in late pregnancy in case your bub comes early. Personally I can't see any reason why you couldn't travel once your bub arrives providing everything goes well and it's a lifestyle you want to continue (you might find your priorities are very different to what you expect).
was it safe traveling around Australia???
Personally I would like to know where are the safest places in Australia to travel, as my husband dreams to travel to Australia and said me to find the safest places in Australia
I do not see any problem on your travelling, but I think that is very important to take care about where are you going and about the safety of this country. My mom and daddy decided some years ago to give me a present - a ticket to New Zealand for 3 months. It was the greatest present I ever had. I decide to go with my girlfriend, but she told me that she is insecure. When I asked her why, she sent me a link where I found a lot of information about this country. In conclusion, we went in New Zealand and had a lot of fun, but it depended a lot of our behavior. I understood that every time when you want go somewhere abroad, you must be informed and to find more about this country and city. I wish good luck everyone who want to travel and I hope that my message helps somebody.
John_McD wrote:
I do not see any problem on your travelling, but I think that is very important to take care about where are you going and about the safety of this country. My mom and daddy decided some years ago to give me a present - a ticket to New Zealand for 3 months. It was the greatest present I ever had. I decide to go with my girlfriend, but she told me that she is insecure. When I asked her why, she sent me a link where I found a lot of information about this country. In conclusion, we went in New Zealand and had a lot of fun, but it depended a lot of our behavior. I understood that every time when you want go somewhere abroad, you must be informed and to find more about this country and city. I wish good luck everyone who want to travel and I hope that my message helps somebody.

You are great guys. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful link.
Sign in to follow this topic