Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. 6 mth old - starting to refuse BF

6 mth old - starting to refuse BF Rss

If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it!

My DD is 6 mths old and only BF, she is now on 3 solids a day and up until a couple of days ago was having 6 BF in a 24 hr period. The last couple of days it has been really hard to get her to BF. She has always fussed until the let down, she is now even more impatient and the let down will not come on so she will arch her back, scream and refuse to feed.

I have found it very hard to get her into any routine and with her feeding at random times through the night that usually throws out the day. She will normally feed from both sides, today she has only fed from one side at a feed and will protest and won't continue feeding.

I'm wondering if she isn't hungry because of the amount of solids she has??
I have tried taking her into a quiet room to feed (very hard to do with a 2yr old in the house aswell).
She has always refused to feed if she is over tired and she is a baby who cat naps so not sure if this is the problem???

At a bit of a loss at the moment and very close to giving up breast feeding.

If anyone can help I'll be very greatful. Thankyou!!

If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it!

My DD is 6 mths old and only BF, she is now on 3 solids a day and up until a couple of days ago was having 6 BF in a 24 hr period. The last couple of days it has been really hard to get her to BF. She has always fussed until the let down, she is now even more impatient and the let down will not come on so she will arch her back, scream and refuse to feed.

I have found it very hard to get her into any routine and with her feeding at random times through the night that usually throws out the day. She will normally feed from both sides, today she has only fed from one side at a feed and will protest and won't continue feeding.

I'm wondering if she isn't hungry because of the amount of solids she has??
I have tried taking her into a quiet room to feed (very hard to do with a 2yr old in the house aswell).
She has always refused to feed if she is over tired and she is a baby who cat naps so not sure if this is the problem???

At a bit of a loss at the moment and very close to giving up breast feeding.

If anyone can help I'll be very greatful. Thankyou!!

personally i think at 6mths old 3 solid meals a day is too much thats why shes refusing BF babies at that age need more milk meals and water than solids,all mine were on solids early but just 1 meal a day maybe 2 at the absolute most, try to cut out all her solids for the next few days to encourage her to feed more again ..

DS was only having 1 solid meal a day at 6mths, when did she start on solids, and when did you start the 3 meals? How much does she have? I would prob look to cutting the solids back

Thank you, I started thiking that last night too!

She started on solids at 4 months. Went to 3 solids a day at about 5 1/2 mths. I was hoping that this would help her to at least only feed once through the night, it didn't. Up until 2 days ago she has been happily taking all meals.

I have today given her smaller amounts and so far she has taken a morning tea BF (had a BF at 5am), still being a little fussy but not as bad.
I can't help but compare her to her sister who took to everything really well. Was very easy to fall into routine. But she was only BF for 2 mths so there are some differences there. Also a huge difference in weights. My first was tiny so I thought this bub being bigger would have no dramas with food, but I guess she is proving that every child is different.

Today is a better day, hoping it is just a quick faze!!

Sign in to follow this topic