Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Confused new S26 Gold formula

Confused new S26 Gold formula Rss

Hi Mums,
I have just bought the new S26 gold formula for my bub and have noticed the new feeding guidelines. They have changed the over 6 months to be 180ml instead of the original 240ml! I have always offered my baby girl the 240ml and she has pretty much finished all of it. Tonight was my first night with it so I gave her 240 again.......was that ok? I dont want to offer her 180 with her wanting more but then I dont want to do the wrong thing either for her.

Has anyone else come across this and is doing the same thing?

Jess
If she is happy to drink the 240ml then give her that, they are just a guideline i guess to what the "average" baby would drink, my dd1 used to only have 120ml at a time dd2 on the other hand would be happy with 240ml and then some LOL
Just remember the opperative word is 'GUIDEline'.

Maybe they changed it because so many bubs are eating solids younger now?

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Hi Jess !
I think that as long as you get the ratio of formula to water correct, then it doesn't matter if you mix 180ml or 240ml. I think because of the focus to breastfeed more and using formula as a top up, or perhaps like NoDdy mentioned babies are having solids so will require less formula and hence less wastage....

I haven't seen the new S26 gold myself as baby is only 3 months so not quite up to formula feeding yet.
Does the rest of the tin look the same?

Rachel L

Hi Mums,
I have just bought the new S26 gold formula for my bub and have noticed the new feeding guidelines. They have changed the over 6 months to be 180ml instead of the original 240ml! I have always offered my baby girl the 240ml and she has pretty much finished all of it. Tonight was my first night with it so I gave her 240 again.......was that ok? I dont want to offer her 180 with her wanting more but then I dont want to do the wrong thing either for her.

Has anyone else come across this and is doing the same thing?

Jess

The amounts are simply a guideline to give parents an idea of how much to make up (ie. not making 240mls for a newborn and ultimately wasting all of it!). Don't let it dictate how much you give her, she will lead the way in how much she needs. All babies are different sizes and metabolise differently (just like adults do!) and some need more or less than the recommended amounts. Babies rarely "overeat" so there is no harm in giving her more! smile
Hi

I am asking the same questions as I am currently using Step 2 to feed my 7 and a half month old and he usually has 3 x 240mL bottles per day and 3 solid meals a day. I read the new feeding guidelines and it seems they have gone back to 180mL of formula but suggest to feed bubs 4-5 times a day whereas the old tin of formula was 240mL of formula approx 3-4 times a day. It looks like they are just suggesting to feed bubs less formula but more often - perhaps bubs gets the same amount of forumula over the whole day??????

It is confusing and more advertising on why they have changed the feeding guidelines would be good!!

My bubs certainly would not be happy if I fed him only 180mL at each feed as he easily knocks off 240mL of formula in no time!!
has step 2 been reformulated aswell? i was just wondering if any of your bubs noticed a difference? i have a very fussy 9 month old who will only dirnk newborn formula have tried step 2 & she wouldnt drink, im assuming she wouldnt drink it as it was different so i hoping that wont be the case with the new formula
Sign in to follow this topic