Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Breastfeeding while pregnant

Breastfeeding while pregnant Rss

Hi to all........My daughter is almost 9 months and I am still breastfeeding her. I plan to breastfeed for as long as I can or as long as she wants but definetely until she's 12 months. My hubby and I have just started trying for bub no. 2. If I am lucky enough to fall pregnant soon I don't want to give up breastfeeding just because I am pregnant. I know you can do both together I just want some advice, stories, ideas, anything from other mums who have conquered this. Any replies would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Rach

Rachel, 20mth girl + 1 on the way

Hi Rachael,

I fell pregnant with DS2 when DS1 was 9 months old also! I had the exact same question as you. The doctors said it is fine as long is bubs is okay with it. Just make sure you drink plenty of fluids. I found that when I was about five months pregnant DS1 decided to wean himself fully (he was down to one BF a day) as I guess with my changing hormones he no longer liked the taste.

Sorry I can't help you with tandem feeding though as I never got the chance to do it (although DS2 is such a vigourous feeder that he makes up for two lol).

Good on you for sticking with the BF though!!

Good luck with your impending pregnancy. smile

Melanie, Qld, Joshua J 18.04.02 & Jacob M 04.10.03

Melanie,

Thanks for your story! My daughter and your son are pretty much a year apart. My daughter's b'day is 30/4/03. We used to live is Brisbane - I miss QLD. Which part of Brisbane are you from?

We live in Forest Lake (southwest)... We really love it here.. So your bubs is an Airies too? DS1 is very boisterous and full of fun and a little hard to handle sometimes!!

Melanie, Qld, Joshua J 18.04.02 & Jacob M 04.10.03

Ella is actually a Taurus - like her father! Both very stubborn and particular! Although she is very quiet and patient too!

hi rachel,
i breatfed my first son fully until 12 mths & then night feeds only (4) for the next 6 mths. i fell pregnant again when he was 11 1/2 mths but misscarried at 12 wks, i thought it may have had something to do with the breast feeding but the doctor said that it should have been fine though it probably had something to do with carrying him around all the time & all the bouncing he did.

when i fell pregnant with the twins i had already been weaning for a while so i stopped feeding him straight away & he was old enough to walk around a little bit so i didn't have to carry him all the time.
PLEASE take it easy & don't carry ella too much when you do fall pregnant, i know it comes naturally & seems fine but better safe than sorry.
my twins are both aries too & oh boy what a temper jamison has, in the middle of crying he tenses up & screams for a few seconds & then goes back to crying again his father calls him the hulk however julian pleasent tempered since he learnt how to cry instead of scream & rickson 3yrs is a capricorn & is very mature with no temper or tantrums.
anyway GOOD LUCK WITH GETTING PREGNANT!!!!!

Tanya, had 3 boys under 26 months

Thanks for your advice Tanya! Sounds like you have your hands full - 3 boys how great!

hi again rachel, yes my hands are very full but i've been pretty lucky up until now with only jamison on the move but julian has just learnt to crawl & sit up, which is great to see seen as he has been watching his brother doing these things since 5 1/2 mths but now i'm constantly getting one of them out of everything, jamison usually ends up in the playpen for a while with all the toys because he crawls faster but then julian comes to the side and jamison sticks his hand through, grabs his hair and pulls his head into the bars while he screams then lets go and julian hits his head on the floor. then we have times when he is so sweet like when julian has been crying & just as i got there to pick him up jamison has taken his dummy out of his mouth and put it in to julians mouth they were 3mths when we first seen them do this & we couldn't get over it because he hadn't even learnt to put the dummy in his own mouth then, & as for the hair pulling he gets his big brother too just not in the same way but you get that right and mummys always to the rescue.
p.s feel free to chat to me about anything if you like.

Tanya, had 3 boys under 26 months

i just wanted to say how cute that is that jamison gives julian the dummy when he is crying how gorgeous.
Sign in to follow this topic