Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

pregnancy after stillbirth Lock Rss

Hi... I have recently given birth to a beautiful baby boy Kaden at 39.5 weeks. He was stillborn. Just wondering how long I need to wait physically before we can try again. I did have a second degree tear and stitches (and still bleeding at the moment) but would love to try to give our daughter the long awaited younger sibling she keeps asking for. She is so maternal and it breaks my heart to see her going through this and would like to minimise the age gap for her if we can.
Thanks
[Edited on 17/10/2007]
im so sorry to hear about your tragic loss . im not a doctor but wanted you to know i had a stillborn at 38weeks, i bled for 6 weeks, ovulated & fell pregnant immediately. I just needed to. Many doctors will tell you perhaps you should wait a while until you feel up to it, and i guess it depends on what happened with your last baby, but i only know that my mind & body yearned to be pregnant again. There i was 9mths later with a healthy baby boy....
i wish you all the best, im sure your body will tell you in some way, when and if your ready.
i wish you all the best.

]

thanks very much for that info. Im really sorry for the loss of your baby also, life sucks sometimes doesnt it? I thought I was not greiving properly or something becase im thinking about this already and have been to scared to ask anyone because of what they may think about me, so thankyou.I really would like to be pregnant again, of coursr i know it wont replace the boy ive lost but i feel empty and not complete if that makes sense. Also, as i said before, my daughter REALLY would love a sibling, considering the pregnancy takes 9 months i needed to know how soon i can happen. Hopefully we have the same outcome as you did next time round. We dont know what caused Kaden to pass away, still waiting for results of placenta, but the drs said it lookdeed fine so well probably never know. Do you mind if I ask if you know what went wrong with your baby?(I understand if you cant discuss it though)
Thankyou again for your response its reassuring
YES OF COURSE, FEEL FREE TO ASK ANYTHING. BAILEY DIED AS HE HAD A TRUE KNOT IN HIS CORD & THE CORD WAS ALSO WRAPPED AROUND HIS NECK VERY TIGHT.I TOTALLY GET YOU ! I ALSO, WAS EXTREMELY WORRIED HOW PEOPLE WOULD JUDGE ME. BUT I COULDNT IMAGINE WAITING. I FELT I NEEDED TO FILL THE EMPTINESS INSIDE ME AGAIN, OTHERWISE I FELT MY SOUL WOULD JUST DIE WITHOUT IT...YET OTHER WOMEN CANT EVEN CONSIDER, FALLING PREGNANT AGAIN SO SOON...I GUESS IT DEPENDS ON YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE & NATURE. IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE THE COURAGE, AND IM SURE YOULL FIND STRENGTH & POSITIVE THOUGHTS FROM EVERYONE HERE, SO STAY IN TOUCH...IF YOU EVER WANT TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS - FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME...

]

Hi,

I am very sorry for your loss. Losing a baby at full term is very difficult and very sad. Six weeks after giving birth your body is pretty much back to its pre-pregnancy state. It may be advisable to give yourself a bit of time to grieve the loss of your son before you start into another round of pregnancy.

Best wishes,
Alex.

NSW Midwives Association
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic