Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

breastfeeding and iron tablets. Lock Rss

Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask my question. Our youngest recently turned one and we have decided we would like to try for another baby so I have started taking FGF (only every second day to help combat the constipation it causes). I started about a week ago and in the last couple of days my "baby" who is still having a few breastfeeds everyday has been having real problems with wind in his bowels....almost like he has gone back to having colic. Could the FGF be the reason for this and if so how can I combat it. I would like to keep breastfeeding for just a little bit longer as I really enjoy our special times together but I also want to give the next bub the best start in life
Erin

Erin,W.A. kids 12,5,2 and 1

Hi Erin,

Thank you for your enquiry. It sounds as if the FGF may be causing your son’s problems, especially if this is the only new thing that you have introduced into your diet recently. If you have a well balanced diet and no pre-existing condition, such as anaemia, there is really no reason to take supplements. It is advised, however, to ensure that your diet includes some folic acid, which may mean taking this in a tablet form. It is also found in most green leafy vegetables. You can keep feeding your older child as long as you wish even when you are pregnant and after the birth of a new baby. Your body adjusts to accommodate your children’s needs.

Best wishes,
Alex.

a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic