Huggies Forum

Finally decide to give having number 2 a go! Lock Rss

Hi, My husband and I have decided to give having another child a try. I am the very proud mum of one son who turned 3 on the 1st of March.

Our son was a huge surprise as I was one of the "lucky" ones diagnosed early with PCOS and endometriosis at 16. (I am now 24). I had had keyhole surgery and had the endo diathermed off 3 months before bcoming pregnant. So definitely didn't think I was pregnant when all the symtpoms arrived.

I was wondering if there are any natural ways to increase the chance of concieving?

Prue, NZ, 3 yr old and trying for #2

Hi,
Thank you for your enquiry. To increase you chances of getting pregnant, it is advised not to have sex too often – give the sperm a couple of days to build up and then go for it! There are many associated medicines around that state that they increase fertility. Some women even try Chinese herbal medicine and/or acupuncture. Otherwise all I can advise is for you and your husband to try to be as healthy as possible in your diet, weight and physical activity and then you are giving yourself every chance.
Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic