Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

stress & pregnancy Lock Rss

Hi,
I recently had some very bad experiences at work.
I'm normally a very stong person, but this has made me crack!
I have taken some time off work to get myself back to 'normal' but was wondering how bad is stress for my baby during the pregnancy (I'm only about 11 wks). I was told that it could make the baby come early OR put me at risk of a MC. How true is this?
This incident has brought on several panic attacks (not normal for me) and at this stage I'm too terrified to return to work but will have to sooner or later for financial reasons.
I plan on working right up until a few weeks before I'm due, but depending on your advice and my Dr/Midwife next week, I may just quit and find work else where.
Hi,
Thank you for your enquiry. Stress is thought to have quite an effect on your body and extremely stressful situations are best to be avoided in general let alone during pregnancy. If you are experiencing severe stress on a daily basis at work and you feel that you are unable to cope with the stress it is better for you to stop working or try to find a solution by approaching the mangers and discussing your concerns. You need to work out the balance for you and if not working will cause even more stress for financial reasons.
Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.
Sign in to follow this topic