Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

2nd Labour Lock Rss

Hi Alex,
I am only 8 weeks pregnant and I know it is a long way off but I am already worried about giving birth. I hear so many stories about second Labours being quicker than first labours and that is what is worrying me. When I had my son the midwife said to me that they will give me a belly button clip for the second one in case I don't make it to the hospital (I'm really hoping that she was joking - not sure though) My first labour lasted for a total of 2 hours and 24 mins and I can't see how it could possibly go faster than that. I am really hoping that it will be a fair bit longer - like maybe about 6 - 8 hours, what are my chances?? With my first labour my waters didn't even break (which I heard speeds things along a little). When I got to the hospital the midwife checked me and had to push my sons head back in (it was at minus 1) to break my waters. I am so scared that it will be faster this time around and I don't want it to be so quick cause since having the quick labour I have read alot of articles and spoken to alot of women that have experienced both quick and long labours (they had the long labours first time around) and everyone says the same thing..........they'd take the long labour any day over the quick one. Quick Labours are just so intense and you have no time at all to get used to the pain.... its just like ....WHAM! What are my chances of having another quick labour?????

Mama to some beautiful babies - Kynan and Tayah

Hi,
Thank you for your enquiry. Generally if a woman has a rapid first birth she also has a fairly quick second birth but it is not faster than the first. This time you may notice more period like aches as your body goes into labour so hopefully you will have a bit more time to prepare.
Best wishes,
Alex.

<a href="http://www.nswmidwives.com.au/">NSW Midwives Association</a>
Note: This information is not designed to replace that of your health professional.

Sign in to follow this topic