Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Help Panel (Read Only)
  4. Baby Sleep Expert - Q&As (Read Only)
  5. How many hours of sleep a day and night should I expect from my almost 18 month old?

How many hours of sleep a day and night should I expect from my almost 18 month old? Rss

Hi Maree,

I am wondering how many hours of sleep I should be expecting from my almost 18 month old daughter. She is a great night sleeper, usually from 7pm to 6.30am - 7am. But her day sleeps are very poor - often a 40 minute sleep is all I can get out of her for the day. She gets cranky and unco-operative when she is tired during the day... What sort of day sleep pattern should I follow and how much sleep does my toddler need?

Thanks,

Michelle smile

P.S. Just wanted to add what a great idea this post site is.
Hi Michelle,

Nice to hear from you. 12 hours overnight is perfect and at 18 months I would be expecting an early afternoon nap of about 2 hours, you need to act on tired signs and not wait until Maddy is very tired and cranky, an over tired baby or toddler is harder to settle.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

my son is 19 mo he sleeps about 12 hours at nite and during day has 1 sleep from 2- 4 hours

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Your son is sleeping just as you would expect him to be, keep up the great job you’re doing!

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic