Huggies Forum

Baby constantly waking.... Rss

My 8 1/2 month old son has never been a sleeper.
Everytime he needs to go to sleep we need to rock him to sleep in our arms. Sometimes this can take up to 40 minutes. Then often when we put him down he wakes up and cries. I try to pat him back off to sleep in his cot but he just keeps crying. During the day he has about two sleeps of about 1/2 hour to an hour. Then at night he goes down at about 9pm and wakes up frequently crying. At night , i try to put his dummy in to get him back to sleep but often this doesnt work and i need to pick him up to get him to go back to sleep. Sometimes i am back in ther rocking him for another half hour , every couple of hours. During the night he has a little bit of milk about every 3 hours. I am trying to cut out some of the milk feeds during the night, but at the moment he just cries unless he has the milk.
I have tried a few times to put him down and pat him for a bit, then leave the room , then come back for a bit etc, but so far he just screams when i leave the room and i am finding this hard to do this to him.
Please help smile

baby boy

Hi Kirsty,

Sounds like you need some real direction, I know because I’ve been there. Take a look at the settling techniques we use on the <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/yourbabysleep/">Your Baby’s Sleep</a> page, but I strongly advise that you get a copy of my DVD&Book ‘It’s Time To Sleep.’ You need to teach him to sleep independently, he simply does not know how to sleep without you. Keep in touch and let me know how you get on, I’m here to support and happy to answer any questions along the way.

Good luck, Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic