Huggies Forum

What happened to my good sleeper? Rss

Hi,

My little girl is now 9 months old and up until a couple of weeks ago I used to be able to put her down in her cot and she would fall asleep without much fuss and stay alseep. Lately I put her in her cot and she cries and cries. I have tried letting her cry for a few minutes then I go in so she knows I'm there and leave her and she cries a few more minutes then I go back again, and so on and so on...she just won't fall asleep on her own anymore. Just to get her to sleep I have had to do what I didn't want to start doing and that is I have had to nurse her to sleep and then when I put her down she wakes up straight away and cries.
She has also started to wake through the night...some nights after a drink she will go back to sleep and some nights she wants to play, while our eyes are hanging out of our heads, and some nights she just doesn't seem to know what she wants.

I was just wondering whether this is just a faze babies go through or whether it is something else? She has always been a pretty good sleeper...my 3 year old son is just a terrible sleeper so I did have one of both...a good and a bad, but lately it has turned into both bad sleepers...too hard to handle! I love my sleep!

What should or do I do to help fix this?

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi,

Your little girl has probably been unsettled because she is going through 8month separation anxiety, and by nursing her to sleep you will be creating some bad habits that will be hard to get out of later. I suggest you follow our settling techniques on <a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/yourbabysleep/">Your Baby’s Sleep</a> page and congratulations on being smart enough to try to fix this before it gets out of control.

Best of luck, Maree

It's Time to Sleep

She has now started screaming even before her head hits the pillow...then vomits a few seconds later...she has never been a vomity baby! I am now going out of my mind as to how I can stop or reduce this! Why is this happening? I have heard of kids vomiting after crying for a while as they are so upset but not after about 30 secs.

Please help me.

Hi,

It sounds like this vomiting is a power play to get your attention and it surely does, don’t be too alarmed if it happens.

Be ready with clean up equipment and do it while she is still in the cot, don’t make eye contact if possible and keep on with the settling.

As with all symptoms, you should have a check up with your Doctor to rule out anything more serious.

Good luck, Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Thanks....she has all the sudden started sleeping really well in her cot again...thank goodness as I'm now pregnant with number 3 and couldn't handle that any longer!

Thanks!

Sign in to follow this topic