Huggies Forum

wakes up calling mummy Rss

my 17mnth daughter wakes during the night calling out to me she goes down about 8pm usually wakes around midnight then round 2 and 5 then up and 7am i have got into a bad habit of giving her a small bottle of milk that gets her back to sleep she has been doing this since about 9mnths we have tried just going in and telling her to go back to sleep but she wont without the bottle she can sometimes stay awake for 2 hours if i put her in our bed she falls asleep within minutes. i have tried giving her more food throughout the day but she still wakes. i am starting to get really tired as we have 4mnth old to who thankfully sleeps through,

please any suggestions would be helpful

jess,wgtn, 2 under 2s

Hi,
As you may have guessed this has become her sleep association and unless you break the habit she won’t either.
You need to be the one to make the decision to change and as hard as it will be you will need to be tough and persist with all the protesting that will go along with it.

Let her have some milk before bed (preferably in a cup) and then after that off to bed (not feeding to sleep) From then on when she wakes you would need to use some settling techniques to let her know it’s time to sleep and not giving in to the bottle.

You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Best of luck
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic