Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Help Panel (Read Only)
  4. Baby Sleep Expert - Q&As (Read Only)
  5. 13mth old not sleeping throughout the night, now worried

13mth old not sleeping throughout the night, now worried Rss

Hi please help. Im a young married mother with a 13mth old daughter who will not sleep during a full night. She will sleep for no longer than 3-4hrs at a time, and when she wakes she will wake screaming and does not settle easily. I do not pick her up unless necessary. Sometimes I will rock her to sleep (but tring not to), shh'ing her sometimes works but there are times when she will only go to sleep knowing that i am there with her and will constantly check if i am there if i am not she will start screaming again. She is teathing too, but if this is the problem of a night i give her some bonjela and she will be fine. I have tried putting her to bed whilst awake but only works herself up with screaming and makes herself be sick. Please help me my daughter and i are getting deprived of sleep during the night.

tazmyn, 13mth

Hi,
The reason she doesn’t sleep through is because she doesn’t know how to resettle herself when she wakes on her light sleep.

To teach her to sleep independently you need to settle her awake into her cot at night so she learns how to resettle herself.

To do this you would be best to follow our settling program which takes you step by step through the settling techniques. It is hard and there will be lots of protesting but it does work if you persist.

You can get an overview of our settling program from the <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> section of the Huggies site or for more detail, and a visual demonstration, from <a href="It&#39;s time to sleep&lt;/a" />It's Time To Sleep</a> DVD&BOOK.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic