Huggies Forum

18 month who won't sleep!!! Lock Rss

I need HELP!!! My 18 month old doesn’t want to sleep in his cot anymore. Before I put him to bed, I tell him its sleep time, say goodnight to him, and lay him down in his cot. He starts crying, and throws everything out of his cot.

He had been putting himself to sleep, in his cot, since he was about 7 months old. But recently we went on a holiday and he slept in bed with me, as there was no cot. And that’s when the trouble started. I know he can fall asleep on his own, because he was doing it so good for so long. I have sort of tried the controlled crying, but I’m not sure how to do it. How often should I go into the room, when should I go into the room, should I say anything to him? I really need help. Can anyone help?

Julie, mum of 2 boys

Hi,
It can be frustrating when a good pattern of sleep is put out of routine.

You will find full details for the settling program on <a href=" https://www.huggies.com.au/BeingAParent/YourBab... Baby’s Sleep</a> page.

Follow the program carefully and you should have your son sleeping again soon.

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Hi Julijana,

I have the same problem with my 18 mths old daughter. She used to sleep so well on her own in her own cot, but that cahnged from one day to the next. I don't know what happened because we have not changed anything in her routine. Since then she is sleeping in our bed but I would like to put a stop on that.
I used to do controlled crying when she was 7 mths old and it worked. But this time i don't know why but i find it really hard. She always wins and ends up in our bed.
I can't really give you any advice because I can't stick to it myself but i just let you know that you are not alone.

eva
Sign in to follow this topic