Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Help Panel (Read Only)
  4. Baby Sleep Expert - Q&As (Read Only)
  5. 5 Month old - 2 naps in the afternoon - how do I merge them into 1?

5 Month old - 2 naps in the afternoon - how do I merge them into 1? Lock Rss

My baby is 5 months old and currently has a 2 hour morning sleep, 45 mins/1 hour mid-morning nap - after this nap I keep her up for 2 hours so she is tired with the intention that she sleeps for around 2 hours in the afternoon. She wakes up after an hour and will not go back to sleep, she then goes back late afternoon for an hour so how do I merge these 2 naps into one big afternoon sleep? Any suggestions?
Just as a suggestion of what we did with our kids, but they were closer to 6-7 months old. 2 hours up and 2 hours down, FPS. Up at 8 down at 10, up at 12 down at 2, up at 4 (even if they woke at 3) and then may be a catnap at 6 for about 45 min-if we were lucky. Then the last feed at about 7.30-8pm and straight to bed. When they were staying awake wihtout the cat nap we put them to bed earlier. Then the roll over/dream feed later on.

At five months my second was still on a 31/2 hour FPS routine, thus having more naps.

3 under 3- 15 month gaps. Busy but loving it eìí?

Hi,

I’m sorry for the delay in responding to your question.
At this age you really should follow the tired signs as an overtired baby is harder to settle.

If you want to try you would need to push forward this 45 min mid morning nap and offer an early lunch very short play and then sleep. What you really want to avoid is a very late afternoon nap which means too late in the evening.
I hope this helps
Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic