Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Question for the huggies doctors Lock Rss

well it seems that a few of you have been through this before, so any tips or suggestions on how I can make him more comfortable??

At the moment he has the antibiotics, redipred, panadol, pedia-lite iceblocks (off food and fluid), as much water as I can get into him, a vaporiser in his room (although I think this is what is making his skin REALLY dry so I am hoping that his eczema does not flare up) and vicks baby balm

Leigha''s little men smile

SATS @ 76%???? Holy cow that's low!!

I'm also surprised they didn't keep him in if they were that low

The first doc we saw said that he would have to stay but went and got another one and he said that he was coming good so for me to take him home and watch for the hollowing and panting and to get straight back if he started again... maybe cause I live less then 5 min from the hospital??

ETA - although I live that close to the hospital the doc today said that if he goes down hill again or I have any concerns that I am to take him straight to the Mater childrens

Leigha''s little men smile

The first doc we saw said that he would have to stay but went and got another one and he said that he was coming good so for me to take him home and watch for the hollowing and panting and to get straight back if he started again... maybe cause I live less then 5 min from the hospital??

ETA - although I live that close to the hospital the doc today said that if he goes down hill again or I have any concerns that I am to take him straight to the Mater childrens

That could be why they let you take him home but definitely head for the Mater if he deteriorates....if he ends up being in tachycardia when you take him in make sure you tell them straight away as they won't make you wait if they are concerned about his heart rate. The nurse at reception will check his BPM if you tell her you think he may be in tachycardia and if he is they should rush you straight in. They don't F*** around with you if the kids heart rate is an issue...even to the point of getting you into a bed then coming back to get all your details later.

HeartKids show courage, strength & tenacity

when ds3 was 3mths old he had bronchiolitis (sp)

i think from memory that we were told not to use a vapouriser - maybe just check with the dr on that one?

he was hospitalised overnight and given ventolin and oxygen.... he now gets recurrent chest infections especially during winter.. i think we had 6 last winter

Sign in to follow this topic