Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Household / Cleaning Hints & Tips

Household / Cleaning Hints & Tips

emmh26

removing vicks vapour rub Lock

Hey, does anyone know how to remove vick from clothes my two year old got hold of the vick and ru...

New no replies Be the first to reply »

another carpet cleaning ?? Lock

whats better steam cleaning or dry cleaning. whats more expensive. and would they come out just...

1 reply

Not sure which is better but... I had my lounge/dining and 6 dining chairs steam cleaned recently and it was $100 and looks great. ...

carpet cleaning Q Lock

our carpet is getting pretty grotty and i want it cleaned. is it better for me to hire a machine...

3 replies

rug doctors are 36 dollars for 8 hours plus around 25 for the cleaning solution they are very easy to use and come with the attachme...

mazzania

getting rid of mould!!! help pls!!! Lock

i have really bad mould on the walls and ceiling in my bathroom. wood walls, not tiles. how do i ...

5 replies

Hi everyone, we just moved in to a house with a mold on the wall too. DP been cleaning it almost every night. It damaged our bed. Do...

Geckos Lock

Anyone know how to get rid of them? They are in the house driving me insane!

10 replies

Can I ask a stupid question, what are geckos???

AW0324

ANTS HELP? Lock

Hi, I need some help we have got ants every were . I have try everthing . Does anyone know anythi...

9 replies

Antrid. A little bottle from the supermarket. they suck it up, and take it back to their nest which then kills the queen.

NumiCharlie

Vinegar and washing machines Lock

Hi, have heard that you can use vinegar to clean out the washing machine. What do you do exactly?...

1 reply

i havent heard of cinegar.... but i have been told for my front loader to used bicarb soda.... put it in the part where washing powd...

Venetian blinds Lock

what is the best way to clean wooden venetian blinds? i am moving out of my house next friday and...

1 reply

I put the little brush attachment on the end on the vacuum cleaner and suck it all up! [Edited on 09/06/2008]

JACB11

HELP! Mouldy clothes Lock

With all the rain lately my washing has been piling up and a wet towel in the basket has ruined s...

2 replies

thanks for thtat. wow, a week hey? i've never thought to leave it that long. i thought if it didn't work within a few hours then it ...

shazmum

Removing formula stains Lock

Does anyone know how i can get a milk stain out of my Navy blue coloured portable cot mattress? M...

1 reply

i put a reply in the main chat room hope you see it there

shazmum

Removing formula stains (i've put this in the right section but need a quick reply) Lock

Does anyone know how i can get a milk stain out of my Navy blue coloured portable cot mattress? M...

4 replies

no worrys there are others for clothes but i didnt think it would help for a mat

How often do you mop? Lock

Me once or twice a week with spot mops inbetween!

24 replies

Hi there, I vacuum at least once a day and mop once a day to. In between that i will give it a quick sweep. We have light cream til...

cleaning bath toys Lock

whats the best way??

4 replies

Gee, I'm such a slacker I just rinse the bath toys in hot water and put them in the sun to dry once a week or so.

spunkyprincess

Recycling... Lock

In Japan, households have a 3 way recycling system. Paper, Plastic, Glass. I would LOVE this t...

35 replies

Excellent! great job spunkyp......so what are you complaining about?? lol

Tannie80

Cleaning Roster Lock

Hi Everyone I live with my extremely lazy brother. He never washes dishes, vacuums, tidys his ro...

9 replies

Oh LOL. We have a house inspection next week and i have a list of jobs for him to do....a very detailed list. I havent cooked him ...

love*my*girls

Whats your Cleaning/Organising routine? Lock

Ok, I have had this urge lately to become a clean freak! Dont know why, but I have been cleaning ...

1 reply

everyday i do one load of washing - 2 if doing towels (once a week usually). washing gets put on first thing in the morning. jput th...

love*my*girls

Water stained shower screen Lock

Please someone tell me how can I remove the water stains from my shower screen glass, I have scru...

2 replies

If you mean that white scummy build up on the glass, then I'd try Shower Power. Its a plant based cleaner and it works wonders! A fr...

Ben''''s*Peta''''s*mummy

Free Lightbulbs Lock

Hey all, an actual freebie thingy with no stupid strings attached (ie you don’t have to sign up t...

Ourspunkymunkyz

Removing Mould from towels Lock

Does anyone know how to remove black mould from towels? Have tried google but havent found a solu...

2 replies

Ok Thanks for that will give it a go! Otherwise DH will have some rags for the shed!

Random things i have learned... Lock

Hi! I just recently brought a new oven Yay! Anyway, the sales person said the easiest way to clea...

1 reply

if you have a DF like me who says he will do the dishes then doesnt and youve made something in the slowy or a scalloped tatos or pa...

Kris10 - mumof2

PEN INK ON CARPETS Lock

does anyone have any ideas on how to get this out other than store bought stain removers (which d...

2 replies

thanks i will give it a go

Nattles88

ARGH! I hate this cat! Lock

Fiance and I moved to NZ a few months ago. Bought the dog and the cat with us. Cost a fair bit th...

4 replies

we tried everything with my hubbies cat but he just kept on peeing (in every room in the house) Some extra hints ->put food on ...

spunkyprincess

Products you swear by? Lock

For me, it would be Easy of Bam! Love it!

11 replies

GLEN 20 .... LOVE IT ... SMELLS SO CLEAN & FRESH! Spray it before guests arrive, house inspections etc .. does the trick! KILLS TH...

scoobenz

Marker of walls Lock

Hi there-just wonderin if anyone has any ideas as to how to get whiteboard marker of freshly pain...

1 reply

If a baby wipe doesn't get it off, something like Gumption should. DS went rampant the other day with a permanent marker Nikko pen a...

Washing walls? Lock

What do you use? I need to give our walls a good clean, you know to get rid of grubby fingr prin...

6 replies

I use jif... takes off all the marks, and leaves the paint looking untouched. Just need to wipe it off well, or it leaves a chalky l...

2*cheeky*monkeys

Steam mops Lock

I hate mopping the floors lol. Our house is all floorboards except for the bedrooms and then bath...

1 reply

Hi, Are your floorboards polished??? If so DONT get a steam mop as it pulls up all the varnish!!!! We have floorboards as well and i...

clutterers anonymous Lock

Finally a place where we can speak the truth about this terrible affliction We have seen so much...

4 replies

My name is Kathryn and I'm a ebay-holic My house is cluttered with stuff I have bought and I don't have the heart to throw any of i...

Nikkiwith2

Ants Lock

They are driving me crazy in this house. What have people found the best to get rid of them? I us...

2 replies

we use antex (granuals) they stink something bad though. I've been told that talcum powder sprinkled across entries inside and outs...

Mischief_n_Mayhem

cleaning baby toys Lock

my bub is 3.5 months old and I have a whole lot of toys that were used by DF's youngest that i st...

1 reply

Hot soapy water then a rinse in clean hot water and leaving them to air dry will be sufficient. Then there's no chemicals for baby t...

everything u need to know Lock

have a look http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/a rchive/index.php/f-163.html [Edited on 23/04/2...

ACE n Jack of HEARTS

Clothes Washing Lock

Any Laundry or Washing Tips ???? Ive started making the Super Laundry Gel from savingmum.com.au ...

7 replies

[quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Gabriella''s Mum Just wondering do you make up the Super Laundry Powder or Gel recipe? Hi Gabriella's m...

Liesh_plus_2

crayon off walls Lock

crayon how do i get it off, rhylie has drawn all over hte wall in blue crayon and i cant get it off

6 replies

A plain old rubber eraser works great. Just leaves little pills you need to vacuum up. Found it when DS1 was a toddler and used gree...

Midahsmummy

washing powder... whats the best and cheapest?? Lock

hey Girls, Wahts the best washing powder?? I have been buying Drive when is on special at Coles/...

2 replies

Hi girls I also use cold power but I get the one with the fabric softner in it 10kg. I buy mine at bigW and it works out a little ...

cleaning high chair straps! Lock

Hi! Any tips on how to clean the straps of your high chairs? Mine used to be white and they are ...

7 replies

Thanks ladies! I tried Milton and they have come up great. thanks again Wendy

Kat + 3 Kittens

Is it just me? - bi carb question Lock

Every time I clean with bi carb & vinegar, I seem to get a gritty residue on my benches. Am I doi...

1 reply

i just made up a mix of warm water bi-carb and a drop of vanilla essence and my benches came up really clean and there was no gritty...

found this onanother site thought it might help someone Lock

Home Hints How many of these did YOU know about? A sealed envelope - Put in the freezer for a ...

5 replies

I wish I'd have known about the splinter one last week, needles always hurt when you have to dig to get them out!

cleaning pass this on! Lock

Home Hints How many of these did YOU know about? A sealed envelope - Put in the freezer for a ...

*Princess Ladybug*

towel in dryer Lock

putting a towel in your dryer when u use it does this help dry clothes quicker simone

14 replies

i hate fluff! No one has answered DOES IT MAKE IT FLUFFY????

natella

Oven cleaner question Lock

I cleaned the over 2 days ago with this over cleaner stuff....my oven still smells like it.....Is...

3 replies

thanks girls i might do the high heat thing... it was the first time i cleaned the oven!!!

~Tarryn+K&T~

How do you clean your oven??? Lock

My oven is over due for a good clean! So im asking you all your tips on how you clean yours? Che...

6 replies

try getting your hands on a Pihranna Steam Cleaner. I have asthma and cant stand teh fumes from most oven cleaners, so i steam clean...