Huggies Forum

Suicide Lock Rss

I just want to say to those that say suicide is weak selfish or for attention.

Sorry but it isnt always the case.

My dh was suicidal for 6 years. Many times the feelings of wanting to do himself in were so overwhelming THANK GOD he chose to speak to me about it. One time I nearly lost my dear dh because he didn't want to upset me it was only that I figured out what he was going to do and intervened.

It is hard to think about losing my lover my friend my everything.

Many people were very mean and gered at him that he was attentionseeking and that he was just doing so he didn't have to work. The pain and anguish he went through was pure hell for him and I dont know how but he pulled himself out of there and is working full time and no longer depressed.

The black cloud has lifted.

Please dont judge if someone has the guts to tell you that they are going to do it. Please get them assistance right away and dont just think they are saying it for the sake of wanting sympathy.

Judgmental people near killed my dh

Mum to 5 amazing gifts from God. 3 girls 2 boys

Amen to that!!!

Agree 100%. There have been many threads about this, and there are always a few people who just do not understand the dark hold depression can have over someone. So all I will say is I agree, it is a waste of breath trying to make people understand that depression is an illness, not something poeple get for attention, or something they can easily get over.

Sweetangel, it is great to hear your DH has come good. He must be a very strong person (and have a very strong wife) to get out of the grips of depression and come through to the other side.
sweet angel,

i should clarify - and i will repost - im talking about the ones who say they will kill themselves if u leave them, or wont take them back etc etc - not the ones who r geniunlly (sp?) depressed and struggling with mental illness.

i had an ex who threatened to kill himself if i broke up with him, he was very violent towards me, so i left him, he then 'attempted' and tried to blame me. and TBH, no, i didnt feel sorry for him.

sorry for the miswording smile
Fair enough, but I really think most of us are smart enough to know that each person and their reasons are different...

3 Gorgeous Girls!

Thanks mele and duffy and memmi I just suppose I am tired of people having a go at those that are genuinly suffering and needing our care and suppost.

Look I know of a guy that use to threaten to do it for totally and utter attention he even GOD forgive him tried to do it infornt of his kids.

It makes me angry that nut jobs like that tarnish the word and seriousness of it/

I agrees with Memmi, in the case of using suicide as a means of control by another person you do have to draw the line and walk away for your own sanity...

In the case of mental illness it is a completely different story. I couldnt imagine being beseiged by a deep dark unrelenting depression and I can fully appreciate that people feel that there is only one option to put an end to it. Its not to hurt or control others its to end the nightmare!!
like i said in my pm, i was talking purely about those who threaten it if u break up with them or not take them back.

there are alot who do it after years of struggling, and for those they usally see it as the only way out, not the easy way out!
That Jus Mia is totaly what my dh said he just wanted to end the nightmare. It was dark it was mean it was terrifying. I cant believe we actually made it out of that with my dh still alive and living a normal life.

God is good

Good to hear did SW...
[Edited on 16/08/2008]
Posted by: Jus*Mia
I agrees with Memmi, in the case of using suicide as a means of control by another person you do have to draw the line and walk away for your own sanity...

In the case of mental illness it is a completely different story. I couldnt imagine being beseiged by a deep dark unrelenting depression and I can fully appreciate that people feel that there is only one option to put an end to it. Its not to hurt or control others its to end the nightmare!!

Absolutely Justine. When people use it as a form of revenge or control, it is maddening. As sweetangel said, it just makes it so much harder for people who really are mentally ill, and do truly need the help. (As opposed to someone who is just saying it for reactions/control etc.)
Its so true the lack of understanding nad the lack of knowledge can push and already depressed person to suicide.
A close friend of mine was ridiculed at school because of her attempts at ending her life. I pushed her to seek help but she was scared of what people would say. They already called her attention seeking and cowardly.
A few years after we finished school she did kill herself by jumping off a cliff. Afterwards it came out that she had been repeatedly sexually assulted by both her father and her brother from a very young age. The police didnt believe her when she reported it and she never felt she could tell anyone else. Sadly she felt the only way she could escape them was to end her own life.

Ness
Sign in to follow this topic