Huggies Forum

Need to vent.. Rss

1.Do you think a father who lies and steals from his own children should have the right to see them five nights a fortnight?? Well a report writer thought so.
2.A father that forgets to call his kids almost every week even though he fought for that right??
3.A father that is meant to feed his children each visit but says he doesn't have enough time??
4. A father that doesn't pay child support because... well he doesn't have a reason...
5. A father that was abusive to me in our relationship and even after we separated..

Mmmm.. I'm facing court next week against this man and although it should be an open and shut case I cannot prove a thing because he does it only in my presence.. And in his affidavit he makes out that he did everything to look after our child.. and I was not even around!

My poor children are the ones who are going to suffer in the end but I will fight every last bit for them
Good luck and remember to be completely honest. Do not react to anything he says. The Judge will soon figure out who is talking crap.... that is their job. The more open you are the better, but do not take it personal (hard I know, but do your best).

Some people don't get the responsibilty of how to be a good parent or understand how lucky they actually are.

GBH to you and stay strong.
I feel for you & understand your situation.

My husbands ex did exactly the same to him when they were going through the court system.

Her major mistakes were lying to the judge & sending nasty emails to my ex, which he attached to his originating affidavit. The judge gave her & her solicitor a huge serve & told them both to pull their heads in.

My DH did nothing but tell the truth through the whole process. He pays his child support & adheres to the court orders.

The ex however, does everything she can to still aggravate & tries her hardest to go against court orders.

The system is far from perfect, but they will look at your situation & judge in terms of what they feel is best for the children. The judge will take into account all that is said & written & it may not be sorted in one appearance.

Please keep a cool head, it will go against you if you speak out of turn or lash out at your ex or his legal counsel in the court room. If you don't agree with something that is being said, quietly tell your counsel or write it down.

Child support is a separate issue & the court has no jurisdiction in this area. You have to deal with the Child Support Agency. If your ex is earning an income, he will have to pay & if he refuses, they have other ways & means of extracting the money from him. Like they take it out of his tax return or direct from his wages or in extreme cases from his bank account. Don't just have a verbal agreement with him.

Good luck hun. It is not pleasant, but stay positive.
Hey, Im going through soemthing similar and its so frustraing. He wants him 3nights fortnight and has yet failed to mention the baby Im due with in a few months. I can count on one hand how many times he has ssen him since august, and doesnt often ring. I havent recieved a proper child support payments and child support are being d!ckheads.
Thanks all for your supportive comments smile I feel much better after my vent.. After a lot of the stories I have read on here, If karma is out there Im sure it will have its hands full

And 'NMJWS' just be careful my ex didn't see our first DS, I then had our second DS and he wanted to be back in the picture and is claiming he spent every weekend with first DS up until birth and I have now stopped him :/
Well court was the most mentally exhausting thing I have ever done and do not want to repeat it again... I came to an agreement with my ex concering the kids and the finances, the judge didn't agree making a point he felt I was being pressured by my ex. Thankfully he made the order because I could not have taken any more, and has given a very stern warning to my ex if we end up in court again and he hasn't changed its not going to be a good outcome for him. Now to move onto greener pastures smile
Well court was the most mentally exhausting thing I have ever done and do not want to repeat it again... I came to an agreement with my ex concering the kids and the finances, the judge didn't agree making a point he felt I was being pressured by my ex. Thankfully he made the order because I could not have taken any more, and has given a very stern warning to my ex if we end up in court again and he hasn't changed its not going to be a good outcome for him. Now to move onto greener pastures smile
Congratulations, I'm pleased it has worked out well for you. I found court exhausting and I was in a different state to my ex and it was just me, the magistrate and a bunch of other lawyers! I hope your new life is wonderful smile

Sign in to follow this topic