Rice Bubble bars - Sugar in this is solely from Honey, my kids 18 months, and 10 years both love these bars.
yields 12-14 bars
• 1/2 cup (140 grams) Almond Butter, Peanut Butter or
Sunflower Seed Butter (I used plain butter and found half a cup too much but you can tailor this to suit, so next time I will try 1/3 cup and if thats still too much I will try 1/4 cup.)
• 2/3 cup (220 grams) pure Honey
• pinch of ground Cinnamon
• 1/2 cup (40 grams) rolled oats
• 3 cups (125 grams) Ricies
• 1/4 cup (25 grams) Sunflower Seeds (we like roasted and salted ones)
• 1/4 cup (40 grams) Raisins
• 1/3 cup (25 grams) Chocolate, chopped into small pieces
(I added 1 tbsp of cocoa to this to give them a chocolate flavour.
Spray a 9 X 13 baking dish with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Heat nut butter/sunflower seed butter with honey and spice in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until well combined. Transfer to a large heat-proof bowl. Mix in cereal, sunflower seeds and raisins. Add chocolate after the mix has cooled down a bit so it does not melt. Transfer mix to your baking dish. Flatten with the back of a spatula or your hands. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until completely cool. Remove from pan and trim into squares. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
• Feel Free to experiment with your favorite cereals
• Add any nuts, seeds and dried fruits you have on-hand.