Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

mum's with pre-eclampsia Lock Rss

I had my son Adam on the 21st of May 2005. Like most mothers i was on my way to my appointment to see my midwife, i was 32 weeks at this stage. She asked me if i had any trouble with my blood presser? It was 150 over 100.
I was taken to the birthing sweet and told that i was not going any where because i was going to have my baby in the next few day's. That was on the Wednesday. I started to get really bad pains in my tummy so the dr's told me that on Saturday morning they where going to be delivering my baby by c-section.
Adam was born weighing 1646g 3pound 10. He could not breath on his own so he need a cpap. He spent the first 40 days of his life in hospital.
He is now 8 weeks old and going strong. Adam now weighs 2650g. And sleeps most of the night.

Ashley, NT, 11Month Boy

Ashley,
Congrats one the birth of adam.
I too had twins at 32 weeks, it is a very scary road but your little fighter is here.
Take care

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

Hi! I'm so glad to hear that your baby boy is doing well. I too suffered from severe pre-eclampsia and my baby girl Annisse was delivered by emergency caesarian on 21 May 2005 as well. Its a scary ordeal to go through, I guess I was a bit luckier as I was 39wks and Annisse was 7lb 9ozs. I wish you all the best of luck!

Renee, Vic, 3mth baby girl

Hi,
Congratulations on the birth of your son!
i have a 12 month old, i had him at 39 wks!
I had blood pressure probs basically all the way through, but my ob was aware that my mum suffered it while she was pregnant and then later on as she got older!
I was put in hospital at 39 weeks to be monitored closely for 24 hours and my blood pressure went up that night!
I was induced the next day straight to full labour, so my blood pressure didn't have a chance to go too high, i was on monitors the whole time! I had an epidural to keep my blood preesure down and then i was taken down to have an emergency caesar, but not from blood pressure, but because my little boy was stuck and couldn't go any further and didn't want him to go into distress!
Did you know that if you suffer from blood pressure problems while pregnant, it's a sign that you will more than likely suffer fr4om it when you are older? i didn't know that til my ob told me!
Hope you and bubs are doing really well, take care of youself!

kelly, NSW, 4year old and 2 year old boys and expe

Sign in to follow this topic