Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Depression Support Forum (Post Natal, Paternal etc)
  5. never had post natal depression till now 4 kids later

never had post natal depression till now 4 kids later Lock Rss

since we moved house, everthing going wrong finacially and everything elses i have been diagnoised with pnd my doc has put me on pills now been on for 2 wks now he says things will take a while to work( still not working yet)

I find my sefl breaking down every couple of days, often triggered off by hubbie going out fishing or helping someone else except me.

he helps my taking the kids away for a while but its not the problem, its every time hubby walks out the door i break up, all i want him to do is be home and he dosent want to be.
he says he bored at home and i guess my moods dont help.

ive never felt so awful in my life all i want the kids to do is sleep ands leave me alone i cry over stupid things, i keept thinking if i get this and that it will make me feel better not even shopping makes it feel better.

im drinking which i have never done like this before, i often find i am drunk as a skunk by mid morning like i am now just to try and ,make the pain go away, because i dont want to be like this.

Ive abandonaed everyone i dont even want to talk to ppls any more, the ,much loved net that i once loved i dont seemd to like as much anymore.

i feel ppl are only out their to make me hurt more, or use us in some way.

do you have 2 good days and 2 really bad days like me .
i know as soon as i wake up in the morning weather i am going to have a good day.
anyone elses like this?
and how am i ever going to get over this, i juts carbt see anything improving anytime soon.
hey missymoo
firstly I am glad u went to teh doc. i also feel the same way u do. well i use to. I finally went to the docs and after a few week sof the pills i feel etter. mind u we just got our tax and a bonus so i ahve been shopping away and i put the kids in care an etxra day so i could get tim out.
My hubby also gets bored at home so he drags us to eithe rmy mums or his mums house and i tell u that int any different for me than being at hom cause i still have to look after the kids hwile he relaxes thinking our mums r doin it. he hangs with his brother sor my bro in law and I get stuck with the kids.
I am feeling better though and I can hold my anger alot better, i dont cry as ofeten, though i do still get in bad moods it takes alot longer for me to...b low up i suppose.
I hope u feel better and if u wana chat my msn is kirsty_stacey@hotmail.com

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

Sounds alot like me...I'm feeling angry all the time more so much more frequently that I feel sad a lot more. I wrote a while ago and thought things got better but now am feeling a lot worse to the point today, I could find my thongs and almost cried about it but held it in. I now have 4 kids and almost 6mths later the pressure has built up.
I feel they don't listen and the dog that doesn't listen to me to the point as soon as i go out it barks which to me puts extra pressure on me aswell as trying to get the kids to listen. I don't know how to do it.. I feel alone and can't see who I can talk to. I only really have family and not friends but still don't know how I can open up.
I am at the point that the partner, although he tries, doesn't listen, I mean he hears but not really listen.
Have things improved for you because I don''t think they will a the moment. If it wasn't for the kids, and the feel of isolation, I would just move to a knew place but theres also the finances. I feel helpless and every thing I do is wrong

mum to Chloe 5, Jade 2, Deakin 1 SA

Sounds alot like me...I'm feeling angry all the time more so much more frequently that I feel sad a lot more. I wrote a while ago and thought things got better but now am feeling a lot worse to the point today, I could find my thongs and almost cried about it but held it in. I now have 4 kids and almost 6mths later the pressure has built up.
I feel they don't listen and the dog that doesn't listen to me to the point as soon as i go out it barks which to me puts extra pressure on me aswell as trying to get the kids to listen. I don't know how to do it.. I feel alone and can't see who I can talk to. I only really have family and not friends but still don't know how I can open up.
I am at the point that the partner, although he tries, doesn't listen, I mean he hears but not really listen.
Have things improved for you because I don''t think they will a the moment. If it wasn't for the kids, and the feel of isolation, I would just move to a knew place but theres also the finances. I feel helpless and every thing I do is wrong

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way.

Just in case you are after some alternative support, we have some info on our site on Post Natal Depression, including a list of support services in the community. Many of these operate 24/7, and are on hand if you ever need someone to talk to.

Take care and let us know how you are getting along <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>
Hi just an update on me... my baby is now 10mths and since things didn't change, I looked up and took a 2 different test which was high.So I saw a doc about 2 wks ago and diagnosed it as being clinical because its been going on for so long I guess. I still don't quite understand, the difference between them both. So far we have had 2 counselling sessions, no progress at this stage but its still early. I may even get him to direct me to someone else as I find it difficult to completely open up and I believe that is what I need to do to heal me and get back to being me

mum to Chloe 5, Jade 2, Deakin 1 SA

Sign in to follow this topic