Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. After the Birth
  5. brown blood clots in first period

brown blood clots in first period Lock Rss

I had to have an emergency c-section 8 weeks ago today due to my son being to big, distressed and my body not handling labour. I have just got my first period and have had brown clot like blood, and very tender to the left of my lower abdo I seen my doctor and he said it may be an infection or there may be some of the placenta left inside and I am having a ultrasound done tomorrow just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them.

Kate, 4yr old girl, 2yr old boy &2 week old Caleb

i had the same thing for my first period, and everything was fine - yours may be different because of the problems you had, so maybe you should consult your doc??? but you have to remember everything changes once you have had a baby... i also had a c-section... mumsgroup.tk

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

I had my first period fine , but then 7 days later i started bleeding and had the worst pains i could imagine, i am still bleeding and the pains are worse and more wide spread, now this is 4 days later. I am supose to have an ultra sound in a day or two if the pain still around, could you tell me what they are looking for int he ultra sound?? my baby is now 12 weeks and i am now getting worried.

Colleen, Redcliff,Ashlyn born 10.04.05

Sign in to follow this topic