Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Sleep Patterns for 7 Week Old

Sleep Patterns for 7 Week Old Lock Rss

My angel is 7 weeks old this Saturday and I'm wondering what her sleeping patterns should be and how do I push her to sleep more at night, if possible at this stage?

She currently feeds every three hours during the day and then she'll feed around 9.30pm and maybe sleep until around 2am for a feed and then wakes again 5.30-6am and then is back on three hour sleeps through the day.

Is this routine any good? Should I be waking her through the day so she'll then have longer sleeps at night?

Christine - Olivia 8/04/06 & Christian 26/04/07

no thats about right for 7 weeks old,every three hours.when he gets older than try to push it longer than 3 hours
well in all honesty Dakota who is i think 2 mths old is still tryig to sort out his sleeping pattern but i have always let them sleep as long as they can and tried to have a rest at the same time .. Dakota's sleep times are usually from 9am-11 then from 2-5 then 6-8 then down at 9pm and gets up around 5-6 am for a routine i think i did pretty well especially as Connor is very very demanding i try to get them both down for a 2 hour sleep aroud 10am but we will see

angels sit upon shoulders when u feel all alone

I christine,

my dd is 7 weeks old as well!! born 2 - 4 - 06

I sort of have her on a routine and sort of not! I read the baby whisperer by tracey hogg and save our sleep by tizzie hall but with save our sleep i couldn't stretch aliera to fit into her routines (so i found them a bit rigid) so we are sort of doing EASY (as set out in baby whisperer) this is just Eat, Activity, Sleep, You..... so the same as feed,play,sleep. but they recommend feeding every three hours during the day, if they are going to sleep over the 3 hour mark to wake them. but my husband disagrees with waking aliera so i normally just let her go, but really she wakes anyway!!

so our day sort of looks like this:

7am feed
7.20 - 7.50 play
8.00 - 10 sleep

10 feed
10.20 - 10.50 play
11 - 1 sleep

1 feed
1.20 - 1.50play
2 - 4 sleep

4 feed
4.20 - 4.50 play
5 sleep she's normally really unsettled heredoesn't hav e good sleep we normally end up cuddling her and watching telly smile

6.30 - bath
7. feed
7.45 sleep

I do a dreamfeed at 10.30pm
then she normally wakes between 3 and 4
then between 6.30 and 7.30 and the day starts again!!
this is on a good day, we have loads of bad days to! were nothing goes to plan but I just roll with it smile

hope this helps but it sound like yourangel is doing the right thing for her age every 3 hours is pretty normal smile

katie VIC dd 30/8/03 dd2/4/06

The midwife got William into a pattern for me. Apparently at this age they should only be up for 1 hour and then sleep for a minimum of 2. After 1 hour, we wrap and put to bed. Occasionally we need to pat for up to 20 minutes but that was early in the pattern. Now William puts himself off to sleep. During the day he may only sleep for 2-3 hours(some times 4) and then feed but at night we are enjoying 6 hours. They say the more sleep they get the more they want.

Penny,William's mum, April 2006

Sign in to follow this topic