Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. cant get him to sleep any longer than 3 hrs

cant get him to sleep any longer than 3 hrs Rss

Please help
My 9 week old will not sleep any longer than 3hrs day and night.
we have tried to strech this out to four, but he screams the house down.We wrap him at night.
We are bottlefeeding him totally and he takes 125 -150mls.
PLEASE HELP I NEED MORE SLEEP!!!!

Natarsha 9week baby

Hello,

I have a one month old daughter who still hasn't completley settled into a sleeping routine although she sleeps for as long as she needs to which cab anywhere from one hour catnaps to 5 - 6 hour long marathons!

Some things that we do are:

Do you sleep him in your rooom?
Sometimes babies like to be able to hear mum and dad sleeping when they wake up and it can settle them enough to go back to sleep.

Do you sleep him with you?
I find that with Talana, if i lay her in bed with us after her morning feed she will sleep anywhere from 4 - 6 hours and it gives a chance for a bit of sleep and a cuddle!

Do you give him a dummy?
Whenever Talana is overtired we give her a dummy to settle her and it puts her to sleep.

Maybe your son only needs to sleep for three hours at a time?

Hope these things help (if you havent tried them already!)

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

Thanks for that. We have brought a cd called Music for Dreaming, so we are hoping that this works.
Its nice to talk to you. Do keep in touch.

Natarsha 9week baby

I bought this CD too. Not only does it put my daughter to sleep it puts me to sleep too. I love it, I think its beautiful. I'm sure it will work.

Mum to 3 boys, baby girl!!!

I will have to agree with you on putting you to sleep. Jack seems more settled when its playing.
The first night we played it he slept for 5 hrs straight, but last night he only slept in 3hr slots.
Nice to talk to you do keep in touch.

Natarsha 9week baby

Hey Natarsha,
How are things going with your boy?
e-mail me anythime if you like at leanne_williams_1983@hotmail.com

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

My baby will not sleep during the day and only 3 hours at night Help.
Where can I buy music for dreaming?
i've seen it at baby target....... i think it's around the $30 mark (i'm not too sure). let us know if this works, i've been thinking about buying it for the day sleeps cause my son sleeps all night but it's such a struggle to get him to sleep during the night.
Sign in to follow this topic