Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

small amounts of formula Rss

Hi guys

Does anyone know if you can buy formula (preferably s26) is a container smaller than the 900g from the supermarket.

I want to get some (just in case) but the tin says use within 4 weeks and there is no way we would get through that big can in that time.

Thanks

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Hey Steph!! It does seem like a waste to buy such a big tin if half of it is going to go to waste! I don't know about the supermarket, but when we first started using formula, we got S26 in a small tin from the chemist!! But now that bub is half breast and half formula fed, there's no prob's going through a 900gm tin ... we practically use a tin a week!! How is Bennet doing?

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

hi Brandons mum

he's doing really well a bit grizzly today but that is ok gasp)

do you alternate feeds or just breast during the day or what???

hey steph!!
I checked out the website! He's a little angel. I'm back at work part-time, else I'd still be solely breastfeeding sad But at the moment Brandon has three breastfeeds and three bottles a day ... not to mention farex for breakfast, and fruit for lunch smile Did you find the smaller tins?? Are you doing breast and formula feeds too??

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Most of the brands seem to have small boxes of sachets. I bought one of these with my first child as a for just in case, and as you only open the one you need they will be fine until expiry date.
It's an expensive way to do it if you are going to need them often, but for a backup they are great. I didn't need to use them, so will have to check the expiry date b4 the new baby arrives.
From memory I got mine from the local supermarket.

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

thanks guys - I'll keep an eye out for those sachets that sounds perfect for emergency bottles which is what i want it for.

glad you likedthe website Brandons mum - he is gorgeous isn't he smile hubby updates the site pretty frequently so keep on checking.

Hey that means you know what I look like too smile

Talk soon

Steph

PS I promise I'll write the birth story soon tongue

Hi Sable & BM

I found the sachets hurrah a pack of 6 for $5.50

I nearly did a little dance I was so excited gasp)

Thanks again for all your help.

Steph

Sign in to follow this topic