Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Tired and Confused Lock Rss

I am currently feeding Charlotte using S26 Gold and Avent bottles - she was bottle fed from birth. Have had problems with wind etc so have been using gripe water for this. Still having problems with feeding and she is not sleeping much at night. Have noticed the last few days she is not drinking as much and didn't sleep much at all yesterday during the day or night. I am at my wits end with what to do. I am unsure whether to change the bottles, the formula or everything. Has anyone else had these same problems? Is this normal? Charlotte is 1 month old today.

Charlotte 14/6/05

hi,
great name (my 2yo is a charlotte too). i my bubs wont use avent but uses pigeon peristalitic I too am thinking of changing as my bubs has wind and a little constipation too hes 5 weeks. hes on karicare gold. putting him on feeding shedule has helped immensly as he was starting to get colicky. hes sleeping better to. i also make sure i wind him about 5 times during his 150-170mls its all helping. tizzie halls website has routines for bottle fed babies so does this months practical parenting mag. its what i am following and hes a new baby.
even went from 7pm till 5 am with one feed the other night.
nuk bottles r supposed to be very good for windy bubs i hear.
keep me posted on how u r going.
bec

Bec, NsW, charlie 5, AJ almost 3

hey Belinda,

I know exactly how you feel … just went through the same thing with Scarlett drove me up the wall. Scarlett was breast fed to begin with however at 3 weeks I couldn’t continue and she was stuck on the bottle. From then on I had non stop feeding problems and tried many bottles Avent, Pigeon etc. lots of different teats, and bubs finally settled on faster flowing teats. She was being fed on S26 gold and her bowels starting acting up. Tried Infants Friend it works well on keeping her regular and wind out of her, even calms her down to sleep. smile

Have a look at their website
http://www.infantsfriend.com.au

Scarlett 4 - Hazellyn 1 - Blake born 29.07.09

Sign in to follow this topic