Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Caring for your Newborn
  5. Please tell me its just like riding a bike

Please tell me its just like riding a bike Rss

Hi all you helpful Huggies mums

I had a friend the other day who is pregnant and a 1st time Mum she was asking me all these questions e.g "how many body suits do I need, how long do they sleep" etc and I couldn't remember.
It was only 2.5 yrs ago and I am astonished at how new and scary it all seems.
My DD was a breeze if I remeber correctly but am starting to wonder whether that is selective memory or not IYKWIM
I know I struggled in the 1st 3 weeks but apart from that it is a bit of a blurr.

Please tell me it all comes back once you hold that little bundle in your arms.
haha i was thinking the exact same thing and even now I keep thinking, DD2 is 5 months old and i am trying for the life of me to remember when they starting crawling and sitting and stuff...lol

but yes don't worry hun, it all comes flooding back as to what you should be doing once bubs arrives, its just all the other stuff I can't remember now!

Good Luck hun
I am currently at 5 months with my third and I still can't remember when the others did things.
It does come back. You remember the things you want to do and things you won't do the same again.
i was dreading the night feeds, i remember just being so exhausted lol this time was soooo much easier and we are so much more laid back and don't stress over every little thing, so i think that is why ds2 is such a breeze! so in that respect it is kinda like getting back on a bike lol

i was dreading the night feeds, i remember just being so exhausted lol this time was soooo much easier and we are so much more laid back and don't stress over every little thing, so i think that is why ds2 is such a breeze! so in that respect it is kinda like getting back on a bike lol

I think i'd have to agree with that. Our DS had so many restless and horrible nights and i was dreading it with DD but she's nearly a year old now and she hasn't had one.

It was so weird the first time I changed her nappy, held her outside of the birthing suite and breastfeed her out of the birthing suite. It's a bit like wow am i going to break her she's so tiny, but after that initial stuff it all came back. I did forget aswell when DS was crawling and that sort of stuff. I was thinking the other day that when i was in high school i asked my mum some questions about when we were younger and she would say i dont know that was ages ago i used to think well she's my mum she should know. I get it now but my kids are under 3 lol

I couldnt agree more!!

Abby is nearly 2.5 years and am almost 6 weeks preggers with #2 and I'm absolutely crapping myself!! I cant remember any of it!!

Good Luck!!
Sign in to follow this topic