Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Newborn
  4. Caring for your Newborn
  5. How long baby in newborn size nappies

How long baby in newborn size nappies Rss

Hi ladies, how long was your baby in newborn size nappies for? I can't remember how long DD was in them for as that was almost 5 yes ago). I deliver at 37 weeks and baby expected to be around 6.2 pounds. I'm wanting to stock up on nappies nut not sure how many boxes to buy. Nappies I will be getting are huggies and Pampers (on sale on cudo.com.au for 51% off) Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Jess 28yrs, 5yr old daughter, 8 month old son and 20 weeks pregnant.

I used them on DD for about a month, totally depends on the size of your baby though I guess - My one was 8lb4. I went through at least one big box.
about 3mos for me...I don't think it matters too much about how much weight they are born (average weight that is, not a prem) as it all depends upon how quickly they gain weight...some gain lots quickly and others gain a little slowly.

My first was lucky if he was in them for a month! Second one about 3mos...
he was in them for about a month if that, he put on alot of weight after he was born. It depends on what you baby weighs at birth and how much weight he/she puts on.

Thanks for your replies, I guess I can always take them back and exchange them for a bigger size If I end up with too many boxes.

Jess 28yrs, 5yr old daughter, 8 month old son and 20 weeks pregnant.

My daughter was born just under 8 pound, From memory I used around 2 1/2 box's but she also was a little piggy and put on weight fairly rapidly.
Your bub is on the smaller side. My bub was almost 9lb and we used them for 2 1/2mths. You should get at least 2 mths from newborn size, maybe more. You will use more if you breast feed too. I think we used 4 boxes.
Sign in to follow this topic