Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Teething Rss

I have a gorgeous 10 week old boy called Cameron. For the last few weeks I have noticed him dribbing alot, stuffing his hands in his mouth and chewing on his fingers.....and mine if he can get hold of one! I have been told that these are some of the symptoms they can get if they are teething. I know he is still very young, but apparently his dad got his first tooth at 3 months of age. He is only just starting to put things in his mouth, eg...part of a rattle etc, is it too young to get a teether for him? Would appreciate to hear your comments on teething...
Hi...my daughter now 4 months has been teething since she was about 10 weeks old! She still has no teeth yet but I don't think they are too far off as just the last couple of days she has been a quite a bit of pain with her teeth! My son, now 3.5yo, got his 2 bottom teeth when he was 5 months old but had been teething since he was 3 months! This time round I bought a teether which is like a dummy but the silicone rubber is crescent shaped to fit round their gums! My daughter loves gnawing on it and best of all it only cost about $4.50! If they will chew on a teether then I say get one!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

My son is 16 weeks I believe he started teething weeks ago. His dad got his first tooth at 4mths and I got mine at 5mths. They say that this is a good indication as to when you little ones teeth.

I can't see any harm in giving your bubs a teether. Happy Baby make a dummy like teether. I haven't been able to find it yet but have seen it on there website.

My little boy hates the teether but loves biting his hands, my shoulder or puts the bib in his mouth and he also loves me rubbing my fingers over his gums.

kat xx

Kat xx

Thanks for your comment. Sounds like a silly question probably.
I ended up buying a teether which he does like, but as he is just learning to grab things and shove them in his mouth, it doesnt last long until its on the floor! Think i"ll just let him chew on his hands etc.
If he is on the floor get a clean rug and lay it under him so if he throws the teeher on the floor it won't be dirty...saves the hassles!

hi kat

Sounds like the teether I was trying to describe! I bought mine from a chemist here in Toowoomba. Have you tried a chemist there? I have noticed here that not all chemists supply them...I have only found one so far!

Sign in to follow this topic