Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

age gap between babies Rss

We have a 16 year old boy,a twelve year old girl and a 7 week old boy. My husband thinks that the pregnancy and birth were really easy(I should of complained more!!!)with our last baby and since he doesnt want him to be like an only child that we should try to have another baby staight away.Does any one have children close together in age.My other two were four years apart so I dont know how I would cope with a 1year old and a new baby.Any advice would be great.
Hi Jarah,

I don't actually know myself yet, what it is going to be like... but I have an 18 month old daughter and am 8 weeks away from giving birth to my second baby... there will be a gap of 19.5 months between my 2 babies. While I can't tell you what it will be like, I can tell you that this has been an exhausting pregnancy with a very active toddler in tow.

For me personally if I was to consider having another baby though, I would like about the same age difference again... this would mean conceiving again when my next child is about 10 months old.

All I can say for you is goodluck and enjoy your newborn son... 7 weeks old is still so young and precious, there will be plenty of time to think about more babies later on... if you are up to it.

Best wishes,

Michelle.
i have3 sons quite close in age there is 16 months between no1& 2 and 14 months between 2&3. i found a second cot , high chair & a tandem pram very useful. when no3 was born no1 was not quite 2.5 yrs. so we had 3 under 3 all in nappies.

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hi Jarah

My first two girls were only 15 mths apart and whilst it was challenging at the time, it was the best thing I have ever done as they are so close and totally entertained each other as they were growing up.

They are now 8 and 7 and are best friends. Having them so close just meant that you needed to be super organised and flexible in your day to day activities.

I have recently had another baby who is 4 weeks old, and whilst she is my last due to health problems, I would do it all over again and have another one close by if I could.
I envy your position.
Hope this helps.

Jodie..... Mum to five gorgeous girls

1stly ARGH to mum of 3boys... i read your post and was squirming - thinking, i hope that doesnt happen to me! dont think i could manage with 3 under 3 - what a handful! WELL DONE on your behalf.

its each to their own and if you want a big gap you have a big gap, if you dont, then have a little gap. it might be nice for something different since your other two were 4years appart. i suppose it also depends on your age, if your getting on you might be better off having another one soon rather than later if you are wanting to have another one after this one!

GOOD LUCK and keep us all informed!

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

MY DAUGHTER WAS BORN 06/06/02 MY 1ST SON BORN 12/03/05 AND MY RECENT BABY 03/07/05 SO I DIDNT LEAVE MUCH OF A GAP BUT ITS BEEN DIFFICULT I WOULDNT CHANGE IT FOR THE WORLD THOUGH

SIMONE,NSW,JOEL

Hi Jarrah,

Ive only got one child myself (10 weeks old) but my mum had 6 kids (wow- i know!) she first had the older 4 then 10 years later she had another 2. i think it was better that she had the 2 younger onse (now 12 and 10), (even though she had only planned on one of them!). They have there fights but i believe they realy needed a sister close to their own age to relate to. Otherwise they would not have much chance to be the kids they are, i mean they already tend to copy and want to be like us older onse (especially since 2 older kids - 22 and 24 - still live at home) this does cause a bit of a problem for mum as they can act a little too indepndant (to put it nicely) for their age. honestly i dont know if having just one or having two would make a difference to this but their not so alone if their is two. i know the older one has a bit of emotional trouble seeing us older onse leaving home one by one, i guess that having her little sister would help with this issue as she will still be there with her till they are both grown up. i hope this has made sence to you as i tend to ramble on a little! there are so many issues when deciding to have more kids after such a big age gap! hope this rambeling helps you in some way.
Sign in to follow this topic