Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

bath rings Rss

Hello,
what do you think about bath rings? I was thinking of getting one as my 8 month old now wants to sit up in the bath. Currently I have an insert ( not sure what it is called ) which is used for newborns which sits inside the baby bath for the child to lay down on.

However the other day I saw something on the news unfortunately I didn't see the full report that bath rings were going to be banned because a child slipped on one..did anyone see the report and what is your opinion of bath rings? are they safe?

Vic, 3 y.o boy

Hello Sandra

Are you talking about the report where the baby drowned?

if so the mother left her baby and toddler alone in the bath and was talking on the phone, (for 10 minutes) and it was not a bath ring that was used in this case. Terrible terrible thing to happen.

We have a bath ring its a bambino one and it is absolutely great! they are about $39.00 but well worth it! we have been using ours for ages! its so much easier cause you can pop your little one in it and it has suction caps so they won't fall!

bye

melissa

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

Hi Mummies,

What a scarey story...just goes to show that children should not be left alone in the bath. Lucky i have a cordless phone, He he.

I also have a bath ring the safety first brand. I find it great with No 2 as his big sister can be a bit rough and knock him over. It provides security for him and he can enjoy playing more.

Take care,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Sandra

I have one of the Safety 1st bath ring/seats, I bought it from Big W for $29. It's fantastic. I've been using it since my son was 7 months old (now 10 months). I'm really short so I couldn't imagine having to support him in the bath - although he can sit in there by himself. But the bath ring just gives him some support so he can't slip back. Mind you he can get out of it pretty quickly, though has only tried this a couple of times. Anyhow I wouldn't be without it.

Jasmine smile
Hi Jasmine,

I can't believe you just posted that, my 10 month old son did the same thing last night! Scarey, i think the suction parts weren't down properly and this helped his launch.

Having said that, we took him out of the seat, and decided he was much safer in it, especially with his older sister around!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Sign in to follow this topic