Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Baby Carriers Rss

I read the previous topic on these, I'm investigating into getting one for the second bub.
So if anybody has suggestions or can help with any of my questions I would be very grateful!
What brands out there do you recommend?
Also living in summer conditions would they tend to make bub too hot easily? Not to mention the parent?
Price seems to range from around $50 to $150, what have you found to be best value for money from your experience?

Ok just one more question, if I get one of these would I be able to get away without using a pram for the younger bub for a while?

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions!

Kristina

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

Hi Kristina

We have a Baby Bjorn carrier, I think it was about $120. It's really comfortable for both parents and baby, the weight is distributed really evenly so your back and shoulders don't get sore. I used to carry my son in it while I did the housework if he was a bit unsettled and he would go to sleep. The baby can face inward or outward and you can adjust the length as the baby gets bigger. The only downside is, it's quite thick so I don't know how it would be with the heat in Darwin. My husband still carries my son (10 months) around in it when we go shopping etc, and he loves being able to see everyone as we walk along. I would suggest trying different ones on before you buy one to find the most comfortable one for you. I'm sure you could use one for your younger baby.

Hope this helps
Jasmine smile
This post has been edited by the moderator.
Hi, i have the baby bjorn brand one and it is fantastic. It is so comfy that you don't know your wearing it, it's also comfy for bub as i found out when jack use to fall asleep quite happily in it. They are also very easy to put on and take off, which is a bonus! Def highly recommend!!!!!!

I'm not too sure about the summer question, my bub was born in march.

Yes you will get away with not having a pram for a little while but then again that all depends on bubs size.

Jo

mum of 1

Hiya

This is the carrier I have which is very versatile cos you can tie it in a few different ways.

The tying does take a few goes but it comes with a video to take you through it.

http://www.hug-a-bub.com.au/

Love steph smile

Ps what i like about this one is it comes in differet sizes, I found the baby bjorns wouldn't go around my boobs and these bigger sizes are great for dads too.

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

This post has been edited by the moderator.
Hi, I have the Kapoochi carrier (navy cotton, with red and yellow webbing) which I found really good. Can use it facing in or out (so suitable from birth until baby too heavy). It is fairly heavy cotton, but at least being cotton it breathes, also it comes with a bib attachment (you can get your baby store to order another if needed). From memory it was around $60 NZ.

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

Hi,

Another one here with a BabyBjorn carrier, and we love it! I also had a cheaper one for my first born, but needed the excellant support that the Babybjorn offers. Especially when i was lifting and chasing a 2 yo!

I bought mine second-hand on ebay, perfect condition, for $50.

Best of luck with your decision,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Thanks for all the great info! I'll have to check out some of those websites too. I think I'll try a few different ones on if possible and then keep my eye out for those 2nd hand bargains! But sounds like it's definitely a goer anyway.

Kristina

I've read up on Hug-a-Bub Carriers, and in theory they sound great.
Interested in any positive/negative comments you have from experience or have heard about these.
If I don't go with a Baby Bjorn ,HugaBub would probably be the next option. Interested in any pros and cons between the two.

And would anyone know wether it would be hotter to wear than a Baby Bjorn?

Cheers,

Kristina

Hi Kristina,

I know nothing about the Hug-a-baby Carriers, but can talk of the baby bjorn. Yes, i did find it quite warm, but i also used it Oct - Feb. I just dressed myself and bub accordingly.

Hope i have been of some help,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Another question:

Is it possile to sid down while you have the bub in the Baby Bjorn?

Also is it reasonably easy to bend down?

Just thinking of having to chase a 2yr old around!

Sign in to follow this topic