Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. I am havig troubles finding a name.

I am havig troubles finding a name. Rss

Hi. I am currently 22 weeks pregnant and having a hard time picking a name for my little girl. I had one which was Abbey but no-one seems to like it. I had someone tell me that it didn't go with the last name of my partner. I am stuck at trying to choose.

Amy,QLD, mum to 1

Hi,

Whats wrong with the name Abbey? i think its lovely.

We have chosen a name already if i have a girl this time and no-one in my family likes it either. I told them all where to go, its our choice and we like it, thats all that matters.

What other style of names do you like, the older type or just something different?

Take care
Hi Amy I agree with Micaela, Abbey is a great name. I have friends who named their daughter Abbey (they spell it Abby) and it really suits her!! My father in law was very rude when he heard we named our son Caleb. It did hurt me but in reality who really cares what he thinks!!! I wouldnt have named any of my children what he named his in a million years. He still has a smart remark every now and then when we see him about the nationality (he thinks the name is Jewish when it is in fact Hebrew) which only shows his ignorance. We have since found out Caleb is a religious name as is his second name which is Isaac. We are not religious we just liked the names. The people who point this out to us are obviously more religious than we are to know that. Not that there is anything wrong with religious names............But at the end of the day it is our child and we will name him or her what we want. We cant all have the same tastes or what a boring world it would be. So you go ahead and name your beautiful child what your hearts desire and to hell with the rest of them I say!!!
Hello,
I love the name Abbey, my friend had a little girl and named her Abbeygale and i think that it is a wonderful name.
Don't listen to what people say about the name because it is going to be your baby, not theirs!
A lot of people questioned the choice we made for our daughter (Talana) and i told them that it was our choice, now they are all saying how her name is really nice"!

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

Hey,

I too think Abbey is an absolutly adorable name. I have found the same problems with people's opinions. Myself and my partner have agree on two names, Kara for a girl and Kaleb for a boy. Why everyone has loved the name Kara no-one has like the name Kaleb and frown and say what are you calling it that for. This makes my fiancee quite upset as he chose the name and absolutly loved it. In the end i told him who cares what anyone else thinks, its your child and your decision, nobody elses opinion counts.

My advice is to stick to your guns and chose a name you like even if others might not. In the end the child is going to be loved just as much!

Karina, S.A, mum to Kaleb born 25/07/04

Amy,
I think Abbey is a great name. Don't listen to what everyone says. When we were thinking of a name we didn't tell anyone what we were thinking of so they couldn't comment. Perhaps if it doesn't go well with the surname you could try a different spelling and it might look better with that particular surname? I have seen Abby, Abbie, Abbee and even Abbi. Its a great name!

Rachel, 20mth girl + 1 on the way

Sign in to follow this topic