Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

comments welcome Rss

what do yous think of usual names for children? would you prefer to call your sons/daughters something popular or go for something different?

all comments welcome. i am just curious.

narelle

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Hey Narelle

These days it seems like more and more people are wanting 'different' names for their children; so in reality, to opt for a traditional name, would be more uncommon!! (in a sense)! I wouldn't, personally, choose a 'common' name, but I wouldn't go for an outlandish name either! Something not too common but nice!!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

yeah know what you mean. i dont like the common names either. i wanted something different.

we (me and my fiance) wanted something different so we called our daughter

Eilish Sienna

pronounced eye-lish sea-enn-ah

we have a different name chosen if we ever have another girl. but that is a hush hush one like eilish was when we were preggas. we are still trying for another one hopefully soon we will be able to use the other one we have. i love hearing names people have chosen that are a little different.

thanks for your answer.

narelle

hi, we called our son "Jack" i have always loved this name since i was small...i had a great uncle jack who was a real sweetie! (thats prob why i like the name!) my husband also loved the name (lucky) however we are going to be in trouble for our next child as i don't like any other names quite as much as jack!!!!!

Jack's middle name is Ieuan (pronounced yi-an) it's Welsh (like hubby) and doesn't have an english equivelent!

mum of 1

i like the thought of differenet names.........
My first has a common name but is spelt differently LYLLI-TIANA ..... throughout the pregnancy thought we wanted to call her ARAYA..........

My second all though it is unusual her alot of Latin people would know it her name is.... LEINILA

and now we are on to our third......... with a planning name of

LIO SEBASTIAN.......................

So i guess i am kind of a mixed breed:) in central america my children would have "Normal" names......... They are just different in spelling......

I like the different names,,,,,although i do like the old-old fashion names ..... i did want to call our second CONSTANCE....
I think its so pretty .... it was common long long time ago but you dont hear it that often now
i love the name constance too. its really different. i remember hearing the name when i read a book in school. but fiance didnt like it much.

we have 3 boys and chose plain short names brad, blake and ryan . for girl i like lara , lana , lily and for something differrent cassidy . i liked harley 4 a boy but dh sid it was too poofy!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

a family friend 6 years ago named her daughter cassedy. i like it also.

We named our eldest daughter Rivalee and our youngest daughter Madison. If we had a boy it would of been Zac Harry (Zachary). And if we have another girl Summer Skye.
rivalee is beautiful where did you find/come up with the name? whats her middle name? there are a few maidsons around here. its a nice name also. a friend a few weeks ago had a son called zac but they spelt it sakkarie corbin (zacary)

eilishsmummy
my aunt suggested Riva and my husband loved it and we were going to have Lee as a middle name for what ever name we picked, so we ended up joining the two names and gave her Rose as a middle name. So her name is Rivalee Rose.
Hi,

Just thought I'd add my bit here...

My daughter is Madeleine Michelle (which is the french spelling of the name) most people use the english spelling which is Madeline. We actually chose the name because we wanted a femine french name. My name is Michelle, also french and my husband's name is also of french origin.

I am now pregnant with our second child, a boy and we are going to call him William Wyatt... The name William comes from my husband's family tree and while it is concidered common, it has history within our family. I chose the name Wyatt as a middle name because I wanted a less common name.

My children's initials will be MM and WW... I like names that are known but not too common, sometimes very unusual names can draw a lot of attention too.
Sign in to follow this topic