Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. I Just can't find the perfect name! Opinions please

I Just can't find the perfect name! Opinions please Rss

Please help, i can't find the perfect name, or hardly any names that just feel right.

I absoulutly love the name Felix but i'm so scared of it being too outthere and uncommon, i have asked a few people what they think but get the "it's a cats name" comment. I wish i could use it but i'm too chicken that i'll regret it.

Next i really like the name Max, it was a name i had picked up for my first son but ended up going for Kye. Now i feel like if i choose Max and i already have Kye then i've set a trend for 1 sylobol short names. When in fact i really want a name that i can shorten for a nickname this time around. I did ask DP about Maximus but he wasn't too keen.

I also really like Liam, but my fault on this name is that it is too popular.

I don't want a over used/popular name. It has to go with Kye and i'd prefer at lease two sylabols.
The last name is also only a 1 sylabol name.
Please Help!

South Australia- 21 Years old, Baby boy 09/11/03

DS is Jacob, wasn't many around when we named him, but there are stacks now, if this bub is a boy, will be Lucas Alexander I think

Oh, Kye is nice smile I don't see anything wrong with Max and Kye but my husband started a new job with a guy named Kenese (Ken-E-See) and i am so in love with that name!

I love love LOVE the name Felix but DH also says it's a cat!! I don't think our kids generation will associate it with a cat at all- even my 19 year old brother doesn't know about the Felix the cat cartoon.

I also love Maximus. DH says it's a gladiators name so it's out as well.

Sorry I can't be more help! I'm already thinking there's going to be some very hard choosing of names when we start TTC in April!!

Some other more than 1 syllable names you can shorten:
Joseph
William
Theodore (Theo is super cute, rare but not too out there!)
Alexander (Xander or Alex)
Julian (Jules)
Spencer
Jeremy (Jez)

I'm also loving Clancy at the moment but I know DH will HATE it!!

Please help, i can't find the perfect name, or hardly any names that just feel right.

I absoulutly love the name Felix but i'm so scared of it being too outthere and uncommon, i have asked a few people what they think but get the "it's a cats name" comment. I wish i could use it but i'm too chicken that i'll regret it.

Next i really like the name Max, it was a name i had picked up for my first son but ended up going for Kye. Now i feel like if i choose Max and i already have Kye then i've set a trend for 1 sylobol short names. When in fact i really want a name that i can shorten for a nickname this time around. I did ask DP about Maximus but he wasn't too keen.

I also really like Liam, but my fault on this name is that it is too popular.

I don't want a over used/popular name. It has to go with Kye and i'd prefer at lease two sylabols.
The last name is also only a 1 sylabol name.
Please Help!

I'm facing the same dilema with a one syllable boys name. And my two syllable boys that I love most would then possibly rule out my favourite girls name! It's so hard to tick alllll the boxes!!

For you, I think if you absolutely LOVE Felix, then go for it! Well at least if you don't come up with a name that you love just as much or more. Somebody is always going to come up with a negative about almost every name so you can't please them all, it's your bubba afterall smile

But, if you're really not confident with sticking with Felix, a name that rhymes with Felix that I love is Phoenix. Kye & Phoenix sound hot together too.

An alternative to Maximus that springs to mind is Maddox?

I really like the name Max,I also think it sounds nice with Kye.I like the suggestion of Phoenix aswell.

Other suggestions
Jaxson/Jax/Jack
Bentley
Mason
Rylan
Luka/Luke
Archer
Oliver/Ollie
Thankyou so much for your replies, they have been so positive and helpful, it's really got me thinking!
I'm going to have to have a big chat to Dp about it and the other names you have suggested.
grin

South Australia- 21 Years old, Baby boy 09/11/03

Sign in to follow this topic