Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. Due any day now and we can't decide

Due any day now and we can't decide Rss

I'm due any day now for our second boy. I prefer classic names, whereas partner probably likes more modern names. My top name is Max, partner's top name is Levi. So at this stage we are thinking it will be

Max Oliver
or
Levi Alexander

I am really trying to be open minded and fair and have tried to give it a good go to really like Levi. I like it, not sure I love it or if it is for me?? Partner likes Max also, but loves Levi. So.. you can see our predicament.

I want to be fair and for us to both be happy (which I'm sure when he arrives we will know straight away if he is a Max or Levi, fingers crossed anyway!) Just looking for some feedback and preferences. Our sons name is Oscar Harrison, so keep in mind what would sound better with Oscar too.

Thank-you!! I really just don't want to be debating this still when our precious boy arrives..
Hi I have 3 boys and a girl My oldest boy is Brodee Harrison and my next boy is Levi Alexander. I was like you and a little unsure about Levi, but I love it now, Levi is cute a little cheeky and very cuddly he has just turned 3. My youngest boy is Bejay Oliver and my girl is Lillie Grace, good luck with bubs.

Hi I have 3 boys and a girl My oldest boy is Brodee Harrison and my next boy is Levi Alexander. I was like you and a little unsure about Levi, but I love it now, Levi is cute a little cheeky and very cuddly he has just turned 3. My youngest boy is Bejay Oliver and my girl is Lillie Grace, good luck with bubs.

Wow - we like some of the same names with Harrison, Oliver and of course Levi Alexander! My partner would love that the first reply is about a cute and cheeky Levi Alexander. I can't tell you what it is exactly I don't completely warm too, perhaps its just that I need to see my baby and then I'll know. Thank-you. You've made me feel a lot better about the name and who knows, my partner may even get his way yet!! What a surprise that will be!
I prefer Levi Alexander, I hope you don't mind me saying smile
Try asking for guidance before you go to sleep at night, by morning you just may have an answer smile

I prefer Levi Alexander, I hope you don't mind me saying smile
Try asking for guidance before you go to sleep at night, by morning you just may have an answer smile

No I don't mind at all! Funny thing is I was starting to lean towards Levi a few weeks ago and my partner was calling the baby Max. Now we've done a complete turn around overnight. A big part of me would like to make my partner happy with his first choice and I know I will love it when I meet our baby. I think Max just goes with Oscar, but then I think Levi does too. I'll take your advice and see what happens in the morning. I'm a big believer in this.
I love the name Max, but it rhymes with DPs surname!
Max Alexander has my vote!

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

I prefer Levi,though I do think that Max sounds better with Oscar.
I love the name Oliver,but it is probably abit to similar to Oscar.
Goodluck deciding smile
When we ask our son what the baby will be called, he shouts Max! Tonight partner was trying to get him to say Levi and he just kept replying with Max. It was too funny. . Is this our sign or is it just that he can say Max (he's only just turned 2)..
Just a thought. But will the initial work with your last name? e.g will Max Oliver Pearson appreciate the nick name Mop?

Just a thought. But will the initial work with your last name? e.g will Max Oliver Pearson appreciate the nick name Mop?

Our surname starts with W
Levi Alexander!! LOVE IT. i'm an early childhood professional and have never met a Levi. It's a name that could carry one through life to pretty much anywhere!
LOVE levi!

Why not levi max W.....?
or the other way around... win win
have fun choosing and goodluck with the birth
xx
Sign in to follow this topic