Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

L Lock Rss

*cody+nate'smummy* wrote:
Or just save Levi for your next son!? U have time to choose...legally u have 3 months to decide!? smile

That's what his daddy suggested tonight smile We will only have one more baby if I get my way because we already have 4 altogether (our son together, my daughter from prev. relationship and his son & daughter from previous relationship. I've been looking at your posts on other topics and I really like your taste in names. I think he could have possibly been a Nate if 2 girls I went to school with didn't have Nates and I think Taj is cute too.
I had a friend who experienced similar. To this day she wishes she had changed the name...her child is now 4 or 5! Maybe if you feel that strongly you could change your mind? Good luck!
Ok so we have decided Levi fits our bub much better and my in-laws agree smile I have been very open with our family with my naming dilemma and most are ok with us making a change there are only 4 who have said "you cant go changing his name!" Not once has anyone got Kobi right he is always called Toby or Cody and I hate it. Can't blame them though I didn't factor that in before he was born. Good thing about Levi is there's only one spelling and I can't think of any very similar sounding names.
Now I need a middle name that flows. Levi James is out. I don't like the look of Levi Kobi although I do like the sentiment there.
The only one that appeals to me so far is Levi Asher. I've never heard of a kid called Asher but I like it. Any other suggestions? I'm not into the more traditional names. James was only in there as it was his dad's middle name. I suggested using his first name but he doesn't want to.

Not sure how I'm going to break it to everyone else.. How do you tell them you changed your kids name? I'm kicking myself for not spending time with him before naming him..

I spoke to my family health nurse yesterday and I am being assessed for PND. I think this might have been a reason behind my indecisiveness. I suspected something wasn't right as I've never felt this worried/anxious/sad in my life but I thought it was a phase I was going through and I would snap out of it. Bub had health issues and was hospitalised for a week when he was 8 days old and I think that may have contributed to it. I have every reason to be happy so it's come as bit of a shock.
I'm glad you decided to go with your gut. You have to be happy with your decision.

Not good you have been feeling down. At least in recognising this you might get the help and support you require.

All the best to you and baby Levi xx
Yay for baby Levi! smile

Sorry you are feeling down, as pp said, hopefully you will now get the support you need. Also hope that Levi is better after hospital visit.

I can't think if a middle name, I'm sitting here trying, but I am into more traditional names and can't for the life of me think of a modern middle name for you.
OK, so how about Jackson? Levi Jackson smile

Good for you bumblebee! smile

Levi Asher is cool so I'd stick with that!

Hope you start to feel more like yourself again soon smile

I have read this topic with interest and am pleased you have come to an agreement.I have a friend who has a daughter the same age as my ds3, when she was 9 they changed her name from Melissa to Ellisa as they were calling her ellie so its better for you to do it now not in a few years time.

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Thank you all I wish I knew such supportive mums in the real world xx

I spoke with my GP this morning for over 2 hours. She is a mum of 4 and she said she experienced PND with all 4 and she said she has no doubt that that's what I'm going through. my life is perfect I have no reason to be feeling down. I am looking forward to being back to myself in the next couple of months with the help of my GP and mental health team.
Little Egg wrote:
Yay for baby Levi! smile

Sorry you are feeling down, as pp said, hopefully you will now get the support you need. Also hope that Levi is better after hospital visit.

I can't think if a middle name, I'm sitting here trying, but I am into more traditional names and can't for the life of me think of a modern middle name for you.
OK, so how about Jackson? Levi Jackson smile

His Dad suggested that name last night actually. smile
I had the same problem (sort of). I had a name I liked, my husband liked another name. After my son was born, I let him pick.....and he chose his name. I thought he would have felt sorry for me, but no. Anyway, I hated his name for about 4 months- but now I love it. (Ironically my sons name is Archie smile ). Im pleased to read you have sorted it out. '
And, haters are always gonna hate. We can't change that. Ignore any negative comments you may get, and just come back here if you need some positive views!
Good luck with your new little man smile
xx
I went through my whole pregnancy loving the name I picked for a boy... Turned out I had a boy, we called him Flynn which we had picked the whole time when he was born I went through the same thing as you, I felt funny calling him Flynn, like it didn't suit him or something even though I loved the name...
My husband would use his name and I just couldn't. It took no time at all until he grew into his name!!! I couldn't imagine him being anything else... If your happy with the name I promise you they grow into their names!... If you really don't like the name at all then you need to talk to your husband as this is the name you will be calling your son for the rest of his life!
Sign in to follow this topic