Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. Ok honest opinions! ... OTIS

Ok honest opinions! ... OTIS Lock Rss

Hi,
Bub is due today (having irregular contractions but now nothing) and I've just heard this name... Otis (pronounced OWE-TIS). I know it's probably old fashioned and not suitable for a newborn but I think it's unusual, uncommon and strong. What is your first thought when you hear it?

[Edited on 22/06/2007]

Linda ~ DD1: 10/01/06 ~ DD2: 26/06/07

Hi
Yes it is unusual but honestly i think of Milo and Otis the movie about the cat and the dog

Sorry not a fan but if you love it go for it it doesn't matter what other really think

Thanks Ella78, I'm not 100% sure on it so must be a sign! just after something different. this naming game is so hard!

I think of the movie too but there are lots of names that remind you of a movie or similar, that isn't a bad thing.
I don't not like the name, but I don't love it either if you know what I mean. Hope labour goes well, sounds like your nearly there!

Yeah it is hard I had dd 1's name before she was even born and DD 2 was withing a month of finding out i was pregnant and dd 3 due in September I have only just decided what to call her. good luck with it all

Thanks Breesta, the more I think about it the more I'm disliking it. Can't believe I'm going overdue again!

No offence, but I think its not so good...
Hi Linda, good luck with the labour. Otis has that dog association for me too but I do still like it. There's only that one movie where Otis is the dog... I mean, people didn't stop calling their sons Edward after that Mr Ed, or Timothy after the Famous Five, etc. It is uncommon and strong.
i think it is an awesome name it is strong yet sweet!

loxxxa

hi
I don't mind Otis for a boy. Its different. if we have a boy next time round my husband wants to call him Rex so the dog reference doesn't bother me at all. oh and we had a name picked outour first but for some reason when she was born we decided to call her after my grandmother and it wasn't a name we had thought of while i was pregnant.
Good luck with it all.
ash

Sign in to follow this topic