Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. what does your childrens names mean????

what does your childrens names mean???? Rss

my daughters name is EILISH

Eilís f
Pronounciation: EYE-leesh, EYE-lish
Other Spellings: Eilis', AY-lish, Ailish, Ayelish
Meaning in English: Eilish 'God has sworn'

AND HER MIDDLE NAME SIENNA

SIENA f
Pronounced: see-EN-ah
Other Spellings: Sienna
From the name of the city in Italy. Use of the name has perhaps been influenced by the word sienna, meaning "orange-red", which was itself derived from the name of the city (because of the colour of the soil there)

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

My son's name is Ezrah.

It means 'helper'. It is usually spelt Ezra, who was a profit in the bible responsible for putting the scriptures into order. I chose it because I liked the meaning.
My daughters name is Talana which is Zulu meaning "the shelf where precious items are laid".
I didn't choose her name for the meaning, my Fiance liked the sound of the name and suggested it to me, and i loved it!
It took me forever to find the meaning of her name though (as no baby books/internet sites have her name on record) i eventually found it on a website for the actual Talana Museum (in Africa).

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

Maximilian - from Latin, means "great". We did not choose it because of the meaning, we just liked the name - but it's a pretty good meaning to go along with!

Jessica, VIC, Max 24.08.03

Hi my sons name is Tristan and it means "sorrowful or sad". However I did not know the menaing when I named him. But my son is one happy boy. & I love him to bits

mel, qld, tristan 4

My daughters name is Macenzie and means of the good looking one! I thought this was funny but my husband thinks its great. We didn't choose it for that though we just loved the name.

Aileen, nsw, Macenzie17 months plus 1 edd 4/11/04

my daughter's name is Simran. My husband told me that it means "at the start of the prayer" but it's a punjabi name.
i liked it, but i wish i could of called her a punjabi name for cheeky!!!!
My daughters name is Montanah and it's :Latin for "Mountain"....I chose to put a H on the end of her name as I thought it looked more feminine...
To each their own....Melissa
i love all the different names i've seen in here. some i've never heard of and some i've never seen them spelt like that they are all unreal. its nice to see other people naming their children something unique its beautiful.

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

There are a lot of really individual names out there now, it is amazing.
What ive noticed is (esp on this forum) is that a lot of people have named their baby Ella! I think it is a very nice name but had not heard of it before.
What does it mean?

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

I have a bousterious, cheeky Khaleb which means Bold however generally spelt Caleb but I thought it looked better on paper with a K. My husband and I picked the name because it was on a TV show and the child whose name is was, was a good spirit.

I also a beautiful daughter called Sebrose which is a made up name and my husband wants to copyright it. It is my Grandparents names put together. My Grandfather was Sebastiano and Grandmother was Rosa. So we came up with Sebrose. It will never have a meaning found on the internet or in a baby name book but it will always mean "love and special bond" to us.

Maria

QLD, 4yr Son & 16mth Daughter

my daugthers are both half Latin.......

My eldest

LYLLI

pronounced or usually : lily (in english)
Lili a nar (in spanish)

meaning: "beautiful" as precious as a flower

My youngest:

LEINILA

pronounced: Leah nela (in english)
Lei nila (in spanish)

meaning: pride of a lion, strength and wisdom of a tiger
Sign in to follow this topic