Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

April 2011 Lock Rss

Well done that's fantastic! Feeding well will boost your milk supply even further and who knows you may get him off the bottle yet!

My little guys perfectly happy to take boob the last few days, still has 100+ml top up and 7 or 8 feeds a day (his quotas only 103ml 6 times a day) but I think he's just a guts and wants to be 5kg by next week... Or he just loves the taste of all the chockies I've been eating lol!

Happy Easter everyone!

Yeah he continued to feed well over night... with a top up of between 60ml to 100ml depending on how much he brought up in between. Best of all he was up 10pm, 2am, 5.30am overnight.

Happy Easter!
Ive been taking domperidone aswell to boost my milk supply as i was worried that joel wasnt getting enough and 2 days after we left the hospital he had only gained 20g sad which the nurse said wasnt good, which upset me a great deal as i didnt want to stop BF and go to formula, so she got me some domperidone and it brought my milk in and when she weighed him again he had gained 55g grin woohoo..

i cant believe its been 2 weeks!! time has flown soooooooooooooooo fast! My DS1 LOVES his lil brother sooo much, he will walk up to him and give him kisses and is sooo gentle without me or DF having to tell him to be which has been so great, Joel is getting better at the night feeds, but is absolutely HORRIBLE at bringing up wind :/ he is a stubborn lil boi. no matter what i have tried it takes me forever to get him to burp, but most times he farts it out so thats good lol takes after his daddy LMAO.

For the first time mummies here; whats been the hardest thing for you?

My hardest thing has been trying to get a routine for my 2 and to get them to sleep at the same time for naps during the day so that I can also have one too... so far it hasnt gone well.. but as long as i lay down even if its for half hour im happy.. but its been hard to adjust to having two to care for, but im a happy mummy.
Hi..and Happy Easter to u all grin

Congratulations to every one that have had their babies smile and good luck to the rest of us...
ill be having bubs on Thursday yay cant wait!! just want her out so i can have cuddles n so i can have my body back now!!!n start recovering from the cs!! :'( oh and drink all the coffee i darn want lol..... grin
Take care xxxx

Ive been taking domperidone aswell to boost my milk supply as i was worried that joel wasnt getting enough and 2 days after we left the hospital he had only gained 20g sad which the nurse said wasnt good, which upset me a great deal as i didnt want to stop BF and go to formula, so she got me some domperidone and it brought my milk in and when she weighed him again he had gained 55g grin woohoo..

i cant believe its been 2 weeks!! time has flown soooooooooooooooo fast! My DS1 LOVES his lil brother sooo much, he will walk up to him and give him kisses and is sooo gentle without me or DF having to tell him to be which has been so great, Joel is getting better at the night feeds, but is absolutely HORRIBLE at bringing up wind :/ he is a stubborn lil boi. no matter what i have tried it takes me forever to get him to burp, but most times he farts it out so thats good lol takes after his daddy LMAO.

For the first time mummies here; whats been the hardest thing for you?

My hardest thing has been trying to get a routine for my 2 and to get them to sleep at the same time for naps during the day so that I can also have one too... so far it hasnt gone well.. but as long as i lay down even if its for half hour im happy.. but its been hard to adjust to having two to care for, but im a happy mummy.

In between all the chaos of feeding and having an almost 4 year old I've found grandparents have been awesome for taking Hadley out and entertaining him so I can get some rest... well when Cooper is resting.
[quote name='Glamour Babe' date='24 April 2011 - 04:00 PM' timestamp='1303621205' post='2974974'] For the first time mummies here; whats been the hardest thing for you? Definitely breastfeeding! But mainly because it was excruciatingly painful and my nipples bled for 3 1/2 weeks even with nipple shields from 10 days onward. My little guy liked to bite the shield and thrash his head from side to side, which did wonders for a painful bleeding nipple lol! They healed about a week ago and now it's sooo much nicer, and he much prefers feeding without the shield and doesn't bite anymore! My little guy is over 5kg (clothed)! He's still taking 100ml formula/EBM after each BF, but rarely demands more now. My LC has hopes I'll be able to exclusively BF him, but I can't see it happening, he can BF well for 20 mins a side and still wants his 100ml top up. But now we are in a BF, bottle, pump routine it's much easier. And if he's crying he will sit on my lap and watch me pump without too much drama. At the moment he must be having a bad dream, he keeps crying in his sleep... Does anyone else's bub make wild animal noises in their sleep? Mine makes a noise like the raptors on Jurassic Park, we keep laughing at him! Good luck to everyone yet to have their bubbas!
[quote name='Baby Blueberry' date='25 April 2011 - 03:54 AM' timestamp='1303700078' post='2975298'] [quote name='Glamour Babe' date='24 April 2011 - 04:00 PM' timestamp='1303621205' post='2974974'] At the moment he must be having a bad dream, he keeps crying in his sleep... Does anyone else's bub make wild animal noises in their sleep? Mine makes a noise like the raptors on Jurassic Park, we keep laughing at him! [/quote] LOL Joel makes some really funny noises when he is asleep and even when i am BFeeding hahaha its super funny!!! tongue Im finding it hard to get him to burp, as he really doesnt like to, i sit there forever with him over my sholder/sitting him up/laying him on his belly across my legs/given him a deep bath and had him up to his neck (apparently the pressure of the water is suppose to help make babies burp or fart) but he still doesnt wanna burp or fart and is constantly sooking not long after i put him down... and its so much worse at nite. Takes me a couple of hours to get him to sleep. so some nites im ripping my hair out in frustration as i want to get some sleep so im not so tired the next day with my first son... lol so some days i am a zombie in auto-pilot mode just going through the motions. any other mummies have any suggestions to what i can do to make Joel bring up his wind??

ame='Baby Blueberry' date='25 April 2011 - 03:54 AM' timestamp='1303700078' post='2975298']

LOL Joel makes some really funny noises when he is asleep and even when i am BFeeding hahaha its super funny!!! tongue

Im finding it hard to get him to burp, as he really doesnt like to, i sit there forever with him over my sholder/sitting him up/laying him on his belly across my legs/given him a deep bath and had him up to his neck (apparently the pressure of the water is suppose to help make babies burp or fart) but he still doesnt wanna burp or fart and is constantly sooking not long after i put him down... and its so much worse at nite. Takes me a couple of hours to get him to sleep. so some nites im ripping my hair out in frustration as i want to get some sleep so im not so tired the next day with my first son... lol so some days i am a zombie in auto-pilot mode just going through the motions.

any other mummies have any suggestions to what i can do to make Joel bring up his wind??

I have 2 suggestions for you, my Dd was really bad in her first few weeks, thankfully this was while my mum was visiting, and she suggested warm (about blood temp) boiled water. also can you work out if something you are eating/drinking maybe making it worse?

Two beautiful girls, hubby working from home makes one happy mumma smile
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb2f.lilypie.com...]

I'm fast approaching having to join the May thread at this rate. lol

I'm fast approaching having to join the May thread at this rate. lol

I hope that ur bubba comes soon!! good luck smile
Hey how is everyone going? I havent posted since I had my little princess Ella Jade was born on the 13th April weighing 9lb 1oz and 51cms. She is absolutely perfect. I forgot what i wonderful experiance it is! So far everything is going really well for us except for me being pretty tired lol but thats to be expected and she make me wanna have more babies, well 1 more at least but I know dh doesnt want anymore sad

Goodluck to those still waiting for their precious little bundles.

Hey everyone, its been a long time since I posted.
My little one was born 8/4/11 at 6.20am weighing 7lb 8oz.

We had a rough start and spent 6 days in hospital.
But we are home now and loving every moment of motherhood.

I'm blessed with a wonderful calm baby, who burps well and even though she only sleeps for 2 hours at a time. She isn't a cryer, she isn't colicy or has reflux. So can't complain in any way.

Love her to pieces!
Hi Everyone,

Congratulations on all of your beautiful bundles. My bundle of joy was born on April 20th after a 5 hour labour. She was a hefty 8 pounds 15. She is beautiful and I am completely smitten with her.

She is Lola Rose. Her picture in on the Facebook page.

Sign in to follow this topic