Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Due October 2014 Lock Rss

I just had my Dr's appointment and now I'm wondering about this 7 week scan thing. Is it just an Aussie thing or did any Kiwi girls on here get offered the 7 week scan? She didn't mention it at all, just the 11/12 week one for down's syndrome.

Also when in the scheme of things week wise should I contact a midwife to see if they can take me on?
BZNZ wrote:
I just had my Dr's appointment and now I'm wondering about this 7 week scan thing. Is it just an Aussie thing or did any Kiwi girls on here get offered the 7 week scan? She didn't mention it at all, just the 11/12 week one for down's syndrome.

Also when in the scheme of things week wise should I contact a midwife to see if they can take me on?

Hi BZNZ I am able to get a 7week scan due to my last being ectopic and needing to make sure everything is in the right spot, i have already had a scan at 4weeks but it was too early to see the sac yet. You can request one tho I think if you have any concern?

I am not too sure on the midwife part as I have private cover for Maternity and will be going to my obstetrician at the 12weeks mark for him to take over my care from my normal doctor.

Hi everyone sorry I have been Mia last week lol been flat out sewing for a market I'm attending soon and had two newborn photoshoots last week!

I got hcg done and although low it was rising and witching normal limit so yay!!! Expected just the one baby this time which is good because now we can have the same midwife we had with our son! grin

Hope you are all well and I will catch up on posts tomorrow once I shake my exhaustion lol

Xxx

MegzieB wrote:

Hi BZNZ I am able to get a 7week scan due to my last being ectopic and needing to make sure everything is in the right spot, i have already had a scan at 4weeks but it was too early to see the sac yet. You can request one tho I think if you have any concern?

I am not too sure on the midwife part as I have private cover for Maternity and will be going to my obstetrician at the 12weeks mark for him to take over my care from my normal doctor.

Thanks for that. I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait until 11/12 weeks because I don't really have any reasons to have an earlier scan.

I'm just going to tell my sisters I'm pregnant so I can get all my questions answered about the maternity care/midwife stuff - they've had 5 kids between them so are very knowledgeable! They will be the first people (and probably only people for a while) we tell, it will be nice to share the news! Have you ladies already shared the news with family/friends?
Has anyone set up a Facebook group for Due October yet?

I loved my Due November group smile

Hi Guys smile

So I had a scan yesterday which was exactly 6 weeks and 5 days after LMP.
They dated what they saw as being 5 weeks 4 days - 8 days less.
The odd thing about this is it puts the 2 week mark at 2 days after I got a strong BFP.

She said I would need to either have HCG tests done or wait for another scan (wait time here is 3 weeks).
I'm going to call and ask for the HCG tests...
Has anyone had this kind of impossible dating result?

Hope you're all doing well smile

MeggyMeffen wrote:
Has anyone set up a Facebook group for Due October yet?

I loved my Due November group smile

Ive tried to make a group but you need to be friends to add each other first as Id like it to be private so none of my friends know I'm pregnant yet, anyone know how to do it another way?

Sorry Rachnzl I cant help you as Ive never gotten that far before, my scan isn't until 28th Feb for my 7week mark. But yes Id get your levels check and go form there.

Hi all

Hi all

Well saw the Ob today, he really is a fabulous Ob, really pleased with him.
My Bloods were back 87237 and had a scan, saw the bub measuring 6mm with a heartbeat of 119bpm, Yay!
They think my dates are off by up to a week though, so have put me abck to 6 weeks and 1 day today.
I must have ovulated late this cycle.
I don't mind, I am just so super excited!!!!!
There is a baby in there, yay!
Hope everyone else is going well.

Racnzl - as you can see, similar to me with the scan been put back by quite a bit. The senior Sonographer, said it happens all the time, and there is a lot of research into the growth rate of the fetus, and what are the mean measurements. So she said not to worry, all will be clearer at the 12 week scan, when bubs may have caught up. Oh and by their dates, I would have got my first bfp at approx 5dpo.
oh YAY tracey&tribe, sounds like everything is going well and you have a strong growing baby in there smile

Can I ask if you get a ultrasound pic of the bub and heartbeat to keep?

Tracey&Tribe wrote:
Hi all

Hi all

Well saw the Ob today, he really is a fabulous Ob, really pleased with him.
My Bloods were back 87237 and had a scan, saw the bub measuring 6mm with a heartbeat of 119bpm, Yay!
They think my dates are off by up to a week though, so have put me abck to 6 weeks and 1 day today.
I must have ovulated late this cycle.
I don't mind, I am just so super excited!!!!!
There is a baby in there, yay!
Hope everyone else is going well.

Racnzl - as you can see, similar to me with the scan been put back by quite a bit. The senior Sonographer, said it happens all the time, and there is a lot of research into the growth rate of the fetus, and what are the mean measurements. So she said not to worry, all will be clearer at the 12 week scan, when bubs may have caught up. Oh and by their dates, I would have got my first bfp at approx 5dpo.

Congrats on seeing a heartbeat!
The doc I'm going to is kinda useless - she said I would have to make an appointment. She wasnt available untill next Tueday!!
I have another Doc appointment on Mon and he will make another time for a scan.

It's good for me to see how this works... I generally put a lot of stock in science but if i have a healthy pregnancy I know absolutely for sure that there is huge error in Ultrasound measurement!!! If not, well... I guess they were right sad

Now, FB groups - best way to explain it is follow the handy instructions here - each step tells you what you need to do including how to keep it secret.
I'm at work otherwise I'd go set it up smile

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_to_create_priv...

My facebook doesn't look like that, it looks like this.....and when you do a secret group you need to add people from your friends list to create it. Otherwise if you chose the other two options people can see the group and who's in it. I could be doing it wrong so if anyone else can figure it out please do smile

Hello ladies, I have just tested myself after the last few weeks having back pains, stretching pain in my pervis, feeling nausea, going off chicken, heightened sense of smell, i can see two lines! smile it's going to be a surprise valentines day pressie for hubby. I will be due around mid October late October will go to the doctors in a week and try and go for a dating scan early next month grin
Sign in to follow this topic